SWG Cartridge Replacement

Jul 10, 2015
Massachusetts
Has anyone replaced their Hayward Turbo T-Cell-15 with a non Hayward brand? I am seeing a much cheaper model online shown in photo. I have had my pool for 10 years but have not yet changed the SWG cartridge. It is constantly blinking Check Cell since opening and I cleaned it this season before opening. This brand saves $500 from OEM Hayward and it is also “discounted” on this site. I have added 120 pounds of salt and no change in salt level along with check cell message so it is time to change.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 11.45.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 11.45.13 AM.png
    94 KB · Views: 6
Take your Hayward cell to a pool store that can test it. Given it's 10 years old, it's probably at end of life.

The generic cells usually have a shorter life span than the OEM Hayward cells. How much are you really saving with a generic cell if the cell only lasts a few years instead of 10 years?

How are you testing your salt level?

The salt reading on the SWG control panel isn't accurate. You may be better served getting yourself a Taylor K1766 salt test kit.

What test kit are you using? Add it to your signature.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Test you salt level BEFORE installing your new cell. If u have been relying on the read out you may have way too much salt & need to dilute it - u don’t wanna fry your new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.