SWG and Pool Temperature went out at once

Alcibiades

Gold Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
Leesburg, VA
Hi, TFP family!

A few days ago, during a very sunny period, my pool stopped reporting temperature (the reading was “open”) and my SWG started showing 0% production (picture attached).

Just to be sure my recent addition of calcium chloride hadn’t scaled up the salt cell, I removed and cleaned it (it looked clear, but I did the usual diluted muriatic acid & water soak). No effect.

Before I call for a repair, I wanted to see if you all had any recommendations.

Pool setup is described below, along with the most recent Taylor test results (chlorine is at this level because I added some liquid bleach):
FC: 2.6
CC: 0
pH: 7.7
TA: 70
CH: 410
CYA: 70
Salt: 4000 (this is puzzling—I test with the Taylor kit and, without adding any salt, it’s risen from 3000 to 4000; on the panel, however, it says 3300)

Attachments

• 06E4EAE6-8928-436F-8B80-DF4EB7525A3B.jpeg
    06E4EAE6-8928-436F-8B80-DF4EB7525A3B.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 5
Fix your water temperature sensor connected to your Aqualink and I think your SWG will begin working again.

Reactions: Alcibiades
If I recall correctly the Aqualink shuts down the SWG when it has a bad water temperature sensor even though the cell trisensor has its own temperature sensor.

Get the water temp sensor in the Aqualink operating before you work on any SWG problems.

If I recall correctly the Aqualink shuts down the SWG when it has a bad water temperature sensor even though the cell trisensor has its own temperature sensor.

Get the water temp sensor in the Aqualink operating before you work on any SWG problems.
Thanks for all your help! Last question, I think: is replacing the temp sensor something you’d recommend outsourcing, or is it an easy self-service job?

See section 3.5 on page 22 in https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/0748-91071/6594.pdf?force=1

The temperature sensor connects to the Aqualink panel with 2 screws. The other end is inserted in the pipe and held in place by a worm clamp.

You decide if you can connect a worm clamp on the pipe, run the wire into the panel, and connect to to 2 screws.

Go checkout how your existing temperature sensor is installed and decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alcibiades
See section 3.5 on page 22 in https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/0748-91071/6594.pdf?force=1

The temperature sensor connects to the Aqualink panel with 2 screws. The other end is inserted in the pipe and held in place by a worm clamp.

You decide if you can connect a worm clamp on the pipe, run the wire into he panel, and connect to to 2 screws.

Go checkout how your existing temperature sensor is installed and decide.
You rock—thank you again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.