Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi

two key things, keeping in mind this pool is at my weekend house - so I am not there all week. I am also the "Pool Guy".

1) pool is 35k gallons, should I get a 40k or 60k, if 60k which would you all recommend. I don't see a Hayward Aquarite for 60k.

2) I was looking at the Aquarite 40k, if I went that route, would you recommend I get the Aquarite or the Aquarite Pro Sense and Dispense, this way I can add on the PH balancer in the future.

Thank you.

Your pool needs a 60K SWG. Pentair IC60.

You have any automation?

How long do you run your pump for?

I am running the pump now 8 hours a day... no automation at all, pool is gunite and pretty old, but I have it working good. My big issue is not being there all week so the chlorine levels can be an issue.

I saw several posts on here talking about the Pureline
Pool Salt System 60,000 Gallons - PL7703

Any thoughts on this one. Thanks.

You would need to run your pump at 15-20 hours a day if you got a 40K cell.

I have no experience with the Pureline.

As Allen says, you need a larger SWCG if you wish to not run your pump 24/7.

Pureline, Circupool, and Pentair make units that generate sufficient chlorine to allow you to run the pump for 12 hours or a little less during the summer.

Pureline is an Inyopools in house brand. Circupool is a non major company. All manufacturers have good reviews with some bad reviews. So investigate them all. The one plus for Pureline and Circupool is they warranty DIY installs. The majors tend to not warranty if not installed by one of their authorized dealers.

I assume you have a single speed pump and a timer. You will need a timer for SWCG. It should not powered unless water is flowing through it.

thanks. yes, I plan to do the installation myself. I think I ll give the Pureline 60k a try.

If I wanted to go with the Hayward, could I buy one control panel and then hook up two 40k salt cells in series? Just curious about this?

Thank you an thanks for the advice about getting an additional timer.

Thank you an thanks for the advice about getting an additional timer.
As you currently run your pump on timer, you should be able to wire the SWCG through it. So no additional timer will be needed, as long as you wish the SWCG to be on when the pump is on.

thanks for that clarification. if I run the SWG when the pump is running, am I able to adjust the strength of the SWG, so to dial down if needed to accomodate at 12 hour runtime.

Correct. Some can be adjusted in 2% increments, some in 20% increments.
You would then use pump run time to narrow down your chlorine generation. Most pools need at most 6 hours of pump run time. Pool owner preference or the need to generate chlorine is then the deciding factor to run them more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi OP,

I just recently installed a PL7703 60K SWG system on my 22,000 gallon pool. I couldn't be happier.

FYI, when I cut through the PVC pipe, I used a corded jigsaw with a fine tooth blade and went slow. Always remember, measure twice and cut once. Practice on a piece of loose pipe first before cutting into the pool return line.

A corded jigsaw is great, but even a hand hacksaw works fine. It just takes a little longer. Use a sharpie to mark the cut to make sure you are going straight. If there is paint on the existing piping, thoroughly scrape it off where the new fittings will be glued to make sure you get a good bond.

I am wondering where you all think would be best to put in the SWG... my return splits after the jandy valve into two branches, one to the main pool & pressure vac, the other to the spa (which is part of the pool). should I put it in the long pipe coming from the heater?

Philo, pureline is an inyopool label for Chinese supplied equipment. You can buy replacement salt cells directly from inyopool or direct from the company in China via alibaba. There are a number of options to purchase a compatible replacement cell. Maybe I am misunderstanding your statement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.