SWCG replacement needed....and more

I think my IC-15 is finally officially DOA after 7 years. I will be replacing it with a larger capacity unit that is more appropriately sized for my pool. However, the power supply with the IC15 won't power any of the larger units, so I am considering an ET panel that is is packaged with an IC40. To further complicate things, I realize (after a similar post about a year ago) that my SuperFlo VS pump can't be easily controlled with a panel. It is still very much functional, but the soft keys on the pump often have to be pressed several times in order to register a selection.

What would you buy if you were in my shoes? If I get the ET panel with SWCG, I could just control the pump manually until I finally replace it, or I could possibly be convinced to replace it at the same time, depending on price. Thoughts? Considerations? It would also be nice to have some automation of the light, which I currently do not have.

With an ET - the Intelliflo 011028 (new model) is the way to go. You can use the Superflo, you will need the cable so that you can hook it up to a relay for each speed you want.

Thanks for the info. If I choose not to immediately replace the pump, could I just utilize one of the relays and control the pump speed manually on the pump? I assume I will need one relay for the SWCG and one for the lights. No other equipment to control, so I'd rather not buy something huge with 8 relays if I'm not going to ultimately need it for long.

Would something like this work? Amazon.com : Pentair 520593 EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 Single Body Pool Or Spa Control System, Includes SCG Integration & IC40 Cell : Outdoor Spas : Gateway

That ET will work. One relay is for the pump, that leaves three relays for other items. The SWCG integrates through the pump relay so that it is only powered on when the pump is.

I think you will still need the cable for the Superflo to connect it to the ET. Lets see if @Jimrahbe can help us out.

Steve,

The 520593 would work fine for you. You can use it to control your SuperFlo VS, "somewhat"...

The ET 4 has four relays.. The Pump/Filter relay MUST be used to control your SWCG, that leaves you with 3 Aux relays.. One relay for your pool light and that means you can use the other two relays to control your pump. You will have to buy the special control cable.. Pentair Dig Input Kit 353129Z Two relays would allow you to have two speeds.

Later, when the SuperFlo dies, or more likely when you just get tired of it, you can upgrade to the IntelliFlo..

Later, it you wanted to control things with your phone, tablet or PC, you could install ScreenLogic... Pentair ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection Kit 522104

Thanks,

Jim R.

Awesome, thanks! So is that definitely the ET model to use? Any other considerations?

I'm really the most excited about the ScreenLogic. What sort of lighting control will this allow? Just on/off and timer function?

Also, thoughts on changing over from sand to cartridge filter at the same time? Pros/cons?

Thanks so much for all the help so far.

Steve,

The 520593 would work fine for you. You can use it to control your SuperFlo VS, "somewhat"...

The ET 4 has four relays.. The Pump/Filter relay MUST be used to control your SWCG, that leaves you with 3 Aux relays.. One relay for your pool light and that means you can use the other two relays to control your pump. You will have to buy the special control cable.. Pentair Dig Input Kit 353129Z Two relays would allow you to have two speeds.

Later, when the SuperFlo dies, or more likely when you just get tired of it, you can upgrade to the IntelliFlo..

Later, it you wanted to control things with your phone, tablet or PC, you could install ScreenLogic... Pentair ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection Kit 522104

Thanks,

Jim R.

Update.

I finally pulled the trigger and upgraded to an ET4 w IC40. Still using my Superflo VS until it dies. Got the ScreenLogic also and am just learning how to use it all...just installed during a long day yesterday. Side note...shout out to my installer who identified a bad transformer in a brand new ET unit (ordered online), pulled HIS transformer from his own personal ET to troubleshoot it, and left it in so that I have a working unit until I get a replacement in a few days.

Lots of questions
First, is there any way to have my IntelliBrite light changed to the correct color automatically with the ET?

Also, any rough guidelines on pump/IC40 runtime? I'm upgrading from an IC15 and trying to get an idea on what I'll need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.