SWCG adjustments

PdInc

Apr 27, 2014
DFW, Texas
I’ve got an IC40 and IntelliCenter 15000 gallon pool/spa here in TX and have been trying to get my chlorine under control. I run the pump 10 hours a day at 55% and my FC is 6-7. I just lowered it to 50% to get the FC down to 5-6.

It’s a new system, so maybe the fresh cells are more efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got an IC40 and IntelliCenter 15000 gallon pool/spa here in TX and have been trying to get my chlorine under control. I run the pump 10 hours a day at 55% and my FC is 6-7.

Depends on your pool volume. The OP pool is 17,500 gallons. What is yours?

I’ve got an IC40 and IntelliCenter 15000 gallon pool/spa here in TX and have been trying to get my chlorine under control. I run the pump 10 hours a day at 55% and my FC is 6-7. I just lowered it to 50% to get the FC down to 5-6.

You are generating 2.4 ppm/day in your 16,000 gallons.
Cells pretty much give out steady output until they fail. All or nothing.

Thank you. Can you provide the formula for this.

PoolMath does the calculation. Find Effects of Adding in left side menu and select SWG.

Or you can find a SWG Runtime Spreadsheet at Calculators - Further Reading

I guess the number really means little, since tests show 6+.

I am not sure what your 6+ means.

There is a difference between the amount of Free Chlorine level you test that you have and the chlorine consumed by your pool that you need to replace daily to maintain your FC level.

Reactions: PdInc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.