swap out Hayward panel/Jacuzzi cell for Jacuzzi panel/cell or figure out what problem is?

The relay is on the opposite side of the board about where the black outline is.

I don't think that the relay was replaced.

View attachment 370687
correct, all we had the electronic repair guy fix was to solder the K1. do u think most electronic repair guys would know how to replace the I don't know if an electronic repair guy would know that the relay and would they know what needs to be replaced without me telling them what to fix or they would have to specialize in working with motherboards for pools? What exactly does replacing the relays mean? Is that the same as resoldering those points, too? thx

You can try replacing the relay if you want, but the circuit board trace might be bad.

A circuit board trace is a flat foil strip that carries current through the circuit board.

The trace is harder to fix than replacing a relay.

You will need to ask the repair technician if they can do the work or not.

Here is the relay top and bottom.

You have to unsolder the 6 pins to remove the old relay and then install the new relay and solder in the new pins.

1631111107853.png
1631111135901.png

thanks for explaining this. It's starting to really feel like I should just replace the board cuz this may or may not fix it and then other things could go on the board. I'm curious, though, where does a person go to find these parts? Hayward is right down the street but I believe they don't sell to the public. I have a call in to them to see if I need to empty some of the h20 in my pool due to salt levels, but no response so far.

Reactions: outdoorsgal
I'm posting along the way in case this is helpful to others. The Company, Hayward Board Repair, who was recommended earlier in this thread, is finally back from vacay. He said this particular error is a difficult one and with his experience he averages about 75% success rate on that error. I glad he let me know that ahead of time. I'd spring for the shipping and hassle of going to post office/time is money... or get a new board and pay a local company that repairs/works on pools to program it. If he fixes it it's $150 for my particular board and $15 shipping. PB wanted $1144 for new panel and I think about $125-150 to program. Comes with a 6 mth warranty only. Amazon new panel is about $500 but I'd have to pay someone to program it if they will. I'm waiting to hear back from local company and will decide.

Reactions: JamesW
place I was waiting to hear back from said they can't get any boards, but could get a panel. $1400-$1500 for the panel plus $1k to install and program. I couldn't believe my ears, $1k! I'm waiting to hear back from pb on if they have a board in stock and how long they'd estimate to program it so I can estimate the cost to install. A repair is looking good right now!

Just buy it online and install the board yourself.

You can already remove and reinstall a board, so the only other thing is programming, which isn't too difficult.

Just go through the configuration and other menus to note the settings and reprogram the new board to the same numbers.

We decided to order a board and install ourselves like JamesW recommended, but everyone seems to be sold out. James, your link at inyopool-out of stock. We found one at poolsupply unlimited for $585 but they have horrible reviews. Hayward Goldline ProLogic Main PCB Circuit Board | GLX-PCB-PRO. Pool supply world is only $432 but appears to not be in stock when I click on the "buy" button. Same with Leslies who's $720. Pool supply unlimited had such bad recent reviews I'm thinking I'll check again in the morning in case any of the websites are updating and if not we'll bite the bullet and have pb install a new board if they can still get one. In the meantime, we plan to send our board off to get repaired with harward board repair and keep it safe for next lightening storm blow out. He said a pessimistic success rate is 75%. We just don't love the idea of sending it off and then having pb sell out and then we're stuck not being able to get anything. It's crazy getting many things in stock these days.

I had another question that may be better for a new thread, but during this time period our pool lights are doing something funny. One of the lights is green and one is white. That's never happened before. Could they have gotten out of sync by us plugging something in wrong when we put the motherboard back or maybe we mishandled the board or would that issue be different? thx

wouldn't u know, 2 websites were allowing me to purchase this morning that weren't allowing me to purchase last night so I decided to go with the less $ one, pool supply world. $300 cheaper than Leslies and $800 cheaper than PB. Hopefully they don't give the run around like I read in some reviews. I was going to get from Leslies cuz they have local stores if we had a probem, but they also had horrible reviews, 2 stars. I'll report back when we make more progress. thx!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm still here but no new news yet. pool supply world was cheap but they r taking forever. I hope the panel arrives fine and working well. I called again today and still hasn't shipped from their warehouse and it's been a week. :(. I'll report back.

the new motherboard finally arrived. We will put it in this weekend. To reprogram, we just need to take pics of every single thing we see on the panel currently? Anything else? Things don't seem to go as smoothly for me as many of you here so I want to make sure I'm not missing something important or what might seem obvious to others. thx!!

JamesW, thx!
RJ-45- that's interesting. Leslies told me their own brand cell (Jacuzzi) is junk. I hope Circupool is better than Jacuzzi if that's the case since I"m planning on getting circupool next x I need a new cell. Last Jacuzzi didn't last long at all, not even 1/2 yr. thx.

great news. changed out the motherboard and seems to be working! I checked the FC last night and this morning and it produced overnight. Just need a little plastic piece that keeps the part where we program everything from pushing in as it didn't come with new ones with the new board and one broke. I'm planning on sending off the old board to the place recommended here and have it as backup for when this one goes out. Seems like overkill but it's a matter of time and it took $40 worth of chlorine while waiting for this board to come in. It sounds like the repair tends to turn out betterr than new. Lights r now working funny but the timing might be coincidence since we have a whole new panel. Pools r money pits like they say. :) thx everyone!!! Saved $700 or more by not having pb replace the board. :)

update. We were going to backwash the pool and couldn't shut the pool off with the filter button. Had to shut it off manually with the circuit breaker switches. I also tried the pucket and that didn't work but it did for the lights. I never noticed how loud it is at the panel to shut off the lights, but maybe it has to do with the new board we installed. I wonder what other parts aren't working. Could it be that my husband didn't 'plug something into the right place or bad part of the board? So frustrating that I thought we fixed this one on our own and now after such a long time getting it shipped to us we're now noticing this. 1 mth later so I doubt the board would be warrantied and if it was us installing incorrectly we just need to fix that, anyway. We might have to get the pb out to look at it cuz we were also unsuccessful at fixing an issue with large bubbles coming out of the pop ups and now a light is out. We already got the lights changed out a few yrs ago. We rarely use the lights. I thought I recall being told the lights would last for many years. It really seems nothing lasts on the pool (or around it for that matter cuz it's a salt pool-no matter how I seal, coat, or anything). thanks

Do you have pictures?
pictures of the panel? All looks good from the outside. I don't know if my husband took pictures of how he installed it. I think all was color coded so it should've been a no brainer of where to plug things in. I don't think he'll even want to mess with shutting off the power and taking the panel cover off for pics or anything now. I could ask if he took pics. R u thinking he could've plugged something in the wrong spot or what else could go wrong with it not turning on and off with the filter button? thx!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.