swap out Hayward panel/Jacuzzi cell for Jacuzzi panel/cell or figure out what problem is?

ok. hmm. I'll have to look at the settings and configuration. The other wierd thing is I was wondering why our electric bill was so high this past mth. I don't think the pump was shutting off at all. I think it's running on high all the time 24-7 even though it's set to run on different speeds at different times of day. :( I can look to see if anything seems different but it may look fine to me as I might not know what to look for. I did know to look to see if the times/speeds were set up correctly. thx

I put a call into local pool store and the manager at store said sounds like a circuit problem. does that make sense? pool turns on when I turn on circuit manually and shuts off manually but when I push the button on the panel it says "pool off" or "pool on" but it doesn't shut it off. If there was something wrong with the circuit wouldn't the problem more look like the circuit on and off switches not working? Did pool store clarify or cause more confusion like they usually. :) I have an electrician so I can start there if I need to. anyone have an experience like this before or knowledge in this area? thx!

I'm ready to throw up my hands and start paying the pb to start fixing everything, I think. I like to DIY when we can but we're either having some really bad luck, don't have the skill and patients, or both. At this point I'm worried the house could burn down so I shut everything down and plan to call an electrician and pb but I wanted to see if anyone had some insight to something like what we r experiencing now.

We got the board back from the hayward board repair guy that was recommended in this thread. He said we should install his panel since we had a 90 day warranty and then we'd probably have to send the new board that's not shutting off to him, too (if I can remember correctly). We finally swapped out boards today and all looked good. Later today I noticed the board seemed to be running on high for what felt like quite a while so I went over to the panel to check. I noticed the check system light was on. Then I smelled something like when my blender is overdoing it, like when a motor is ready to burn out. I have an excellent nose. I smelled the pump and it didn't smell like it was overheating. I followed my nose to the panel. It was the panel. I immediately shut off the panel since I was thinking "fire" and the panel is attached to our home. The display was saying " Check system; cell power error." My husband;s nose isn't so great, but I got him and he said it smelled like a chemical from a factory. We shut off the power to the pool completely and feeling very overwhelmed that each technical problem we have been trying to fix doesnt get fixed and we seem to get in a deeper hole where now we have the 2 boards and a wierd smell that now we're not sure who will want to or be able to help us since the board was not from the pb and they'll probably say they can't touch it now and the electrician may not know about pool stuff...

The board came back to us nicely package and the work looked very nice. I actually didn't look at it much but I was impressed at the packaging and at a glance all looked good and seemed to go back together nicely.

Could the smell be the grease that we were told to put on the new rectifiers? could it be s the we're not sure if we need to get an electrician involved, have the pool company come out, or if this is normal. This board went bad, then we got the new one that was not turning off and problems, then got this one back and like the last one, it didnt last a day without problems. Maybe it has something to do with our panel or a deeper problem?

Also, some may know my struggles, like proavia. I can take the frank truth. Maybe some of us just should hire the pb to fix everything? I don't know how we could mess this up so badly to possibly catch the house on fire or am I overreating? Something's wrong, though, or the panel wouldn't say "check system: cell power error." thx much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.