Swamp Fever

My CYA is too low to measure. My chlorine levels are too low on the SWG. My salt is too low. My water is crystal clear, except for all the oak tree pods that keep falling in; I've skimmed a lot of them off, the skimmer baskets get clogged with the things within a day. I've only added Chlorine with the SWG for the last two days.
I'm home tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get all the chemistry up to date. I'm going to test in the AM, go to lowes for salt and then the pool store for the stabilizer. I'm planning to test in the evening, hoping to get my OCLT done, because Friday looks like a nice day for the pool.

So I'm going for OCLT tonight; shut my SWG off an hour ago, and just did my testing. Water is nice and clear. My CYA is too low to measure with my kit, so it's at least 30. Assuming I pass, I'll add stabilizer tomorrow, but I only have four pounds and the app says I need 9 to get to the target range. If my FC is 2 with the SWG at 60% for 24 hours, should I increase it at all? I'd like to reprogram the pump so it doesn't run 24/7.
1589424619728.png

Eww...

So the OCLT is supposed to be done at SLAM levels. At this point I wouldn't go back to SLAM levels, but I would keep an eye on everything and be ready to quickly get back to SLAM if you see something off in the next few weeks.

Speaking of... get your chlorine up ASAP. At a CYA of 30, a FC of 2 is the bare minimum, you should be trying to keep your FC at 4-6 using the non SWCG chart, then still the same FC range when you get your CYA up and can switch to the SWCG. After all of the hard work you have put into this, I would make sure it never gets close to the minimum levels of the chart.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.