Surge Protection

Why is there a neutral connected here?

View attachment 476804
It's because it's a 120V outlet which is daisy chained to the same circuit as the Pool Pump. I use that outlet to power a Stenner peristaltic pump and I want to make sure that the Stenner pump only works when the Pool Pump is powered. I connected the neutral of that outlet to the Load Neutral of the circuit breaker.

Reactions: Ahultin and JamesW
I am done! I need to do more work on the Surge Protector - shorten the wires and move it closer to the panel, but it was getting dark. I tried to attach the surge protector directly to the panel but the 2 rows of knockout slots are too close to each other. Thank you all for the fast answers to all my questions and for your patience with my ignorance! I could not have done it without you!
Looks like you did well! Would the surge fit with a 6" rigid nipple (looks like that might put it just low enough)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.