Super high CA.....Drain or exchange?

Jun 15, 2015
Las Vegas,NV
So my last test was about 1600. It’s been going up for about 3 seasons. I know I need to knock it down and would like to just drain and refill and be done. I know Marty lives in my area of the country so he may know, but am I safe to do a drain vs exchange. Not sure what the water table is like here in Las Vegas.

Thanks
Drew

am I safe to do a drain vs exchange
From a water table issue you are fine to drain and refill. The issue is how fast can you do it. The sun shining on your plaster can have a detrimental effect.
If you can rent a high power sump pump from Home Depot or elsewhere, start the drain in the afternoon as soon as the sun is off the pool, have a place that can take a high volume effluent (most like down your street), and then refill quickly before the sun really hits your pool plaster, you can go that way.

Or, you do a water exchange. A slow process. Not as efficient. But your pool water level stays constant throughout.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.