Sunken Lounge Inside Pool

Also, have you tried to negotiate with your PB and patio guys after they submitted their initial bids? Seems like these guys are so busy now that they might not entertain much negotiation, but I have to imagine they build some of it into their price expecting some negotiation. Curious as to what your experience has been and if you were able to bring them down some from their initial proposal.

Has anyone built out a sand pit in their backyard? Curious as to what you've done to minimize impact of the rain on the sandy area. Is there a specific type of sand that you use that dries faster than play sand?

Hubby's added sand quite a few times around our yard. What we've found:
Sand = Weeds. At least the bagged sand from Home Depot or Lowe's. They must have weed seeds in it -
Sand = Places for animals to poop
Sand = When wet it clumps and takes awhile to dry out. Water ponds in it. It also washes away if there's flooding, so wherever you have it has to be well contained.

So if you have cats in your yard, they'll be happy.
Lately we've used sand to even out the low spots in our sod.

Also, have you tried to negotiate with your PB and patio guys after they submitted their initial bids?

We settled on one company. He gave us a bid and now we're adding and subtracting from it. If you see something you don't want, then cross it off. They will credit you and you can spend that elsewhere.

At this point I'm not arguing about cost. I want quality and am willing to pay for it. If they mess up, I'd rather get it right than have problems down the road. The problem is knowing what I'm getting and what I don't need. A lot of this is greek ) But I'm learning!

It looks like a lot of fun (sunken seating area). My concern would be kids and keeping them out. Not sure about bugs, either. Bugs always come out at night and the love lights and water. What do you do with everything when it rains? Collect pillows and cushions and run for cover? What about crumbs from last night's party? Do the birds or ants find them? What about shade. Can umbrellas be put to shade the area? Is it private from the neighbors or can they look from their 2 story window out into your sunken living room? And what happens when your neighbors put in a treehouse fort that looks over your side fence? !!!

I would judge all that against the cost and family wishes / needs / wants.

Found this thread too --
Check the last page for full pictures -- Another gorgeous one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.