The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have a 1 hp single speed (3450 rpm) pump for a small waterfall that cascades into my spa (which then cascades into my pool). I think this pump is overkill for a waterfall and I'd like to replace it with a quiet, energy efficient pump (the current pump draws 1250 watts).

I was looking at the Pentair Waterfall, Pentair Dyna-Wave Water Feature, Hayward TriStar Waterfall, Jandy WaterFall, and Jandy WaterFeature pumps. Does anyone have experience with any of these pumps? Any other suggestions?

1hp is probably overkill. We use a .5hp Whisperflo for 2 waterfalls. The pump is a good 10' feet above and 30' away from the pool. It hasn't given us any trouble in 12 years. The newer specialty waterfall pumps from Pentair claim to be quieter, but I have no experience with them.

I don't need to move the water very far (only 15 feet horizontally and 4 feet vertically). I also don't need that much output since I want a quiet and soothing waterfall, not Niagara Falls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.