Suggestions for Intex Pool Closing

Heather2

Aug 3, 2020
Ohio
Hello all, we are first year pool owners in Ohio. We have a 15’x24” Intex pool (with the metal rods to set up). I’d like to keep the pool up all winter. I know many folks in Ohio do this even with our freezing temps. Where do I start when it’s time to close the pool? I know we drain the water below the skimmers but what chemicals should I use? Do we keep the pump running for a while each day still or take that down? Do I cover it or leave it open? Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Read...

Thank you! So any other chemicals besides what are mentioned in that article? Such as chlorine tabs? We use a floater because the tabs don’t fit in our skimmers (and water will obviously be below that level anyways).

Make sure you understand what the article is referring to when it says to lower the water level below the skimmers. Intex pools don’t have skimmers, unless you added one after you set up the pool. In your case you’ll probably just want to lower the water level by a foot or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.