Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Haven't noticed this in my pool until recently. There is a fine sediment that I see gathering in the bottom of the pool. Apparently it is getting through the automatic cleaner and the sand filter. This looks a little like what you get when you use a floc in your pool, but not quite as bad.

Should I vacuum to waste to get rid of this stuff, try a clarifier..... or something else? I did add a little diatomaceous earth to the filter, but so far I'm still seeing this stuff in the pool, especially in the morning when the pool settles overnight.

IMG_2083.jpeg

Water chemistry reading this evening:

FC 2.5 (will add chlorine to bring up to 5)
CC <.5
CYA 40
pH 7.8
TA 70
CH 350
CSI .08

Pool water is clear (except for that sediment that I see at the bottom. Think I'm going to do a vacuum to waste to get it out. If that doesn't work, I'll try a clarifier and some more diatomaceous earth in the skimmer. Make sense? Any other thoughts/ recommendations? Thanks.

Hey JP !!
I was going to vote for farm dust and your OCLT passing makes me double down on that. We are similar in latitude and I always got late season crud that almost mimicked pollen. The farmers have been busy whacking they corn and planting their fall crops. The plume of dust/dirt can go MILES so it doesn’t even need to be very close to you.

Late in the season I never cared about vac-ing to waste as it was getting broken down and cleaned soon.

Keep tabs on the FC just in case.

Reactions: JPMorgan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.