Ft Worth, TX.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have a suction side vacuum. If I set it too high with valve and kids take out, pump cavitates. I have even hit the valve with the mower and didn’t notice.

The valve is between pool main drain + skimmers and vacuum.

It there a valve that would protect against this? I know I could set it lower etc…. Asking about the plumbing. I have a jandy 3 way on it.

If the vacuums is all the way off no issues. Only when I have pool vac 1/2 way or more and kids take it out of pool disconnected and hose out (wall suction closed off when vac is out). I would think it would get water needed from the pool drain and skimmers.

Someone needs to fully close the valve before the suction vacuum is taken out of the pool. Either an adult needs to do it or the children need to be taught how to do it. Otherwise you risk sucking air into the pump and causing it to lose prime and run dry which will quickly damage the pump. Also, the wall port in the pool should have spring-loaded closure door so that there isn't hazardous suction that can cause entrapment.

If you turn off the suction cleaner valve at the equipment pad and the pump is struggling to draw in water, then there is a problem with your skimmer/main-drain line. There could be a blockage.

I have a suction side vacuum. If I set it too high with valve and kids take out, pump cavitates. I have even hit the valve with the mower and didn’t notice.

The valve is between pool main drain + skimmers and vacuum.

It there a valve that would protect against this? I know I could set it lower etc…. Asking about the plumbing. I have a jandy 3 way on it.
Get a Vac-Lok if you don't already have one, remove the cleaner at the wall before swimming. If you forget to replace it, no biggie. Set the valve for the position you need and remove the handle. All good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.