Sucking Air Through Waste Port

Hwyman

Jun 8, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Just opened the pool yesterday (we got off to a late start). I was getting ready to backwash the DE filter this morning when I decided to turn the pump back on to check the pressure which I knew was going to be high. (Timer had turned it off at 4am...forgot to disable that.) Ran the pump for several seconds, but the pressure gauge never climbed above zero. I thought that was weird, so I turn it off and the pump basket immediately filled with DE. I could hear bubbling sounds from the filter and also noticed air was being sucked in from the waste port. The multiport valve was set to filter. I am guessing it's blown gasket in the multiport valve, but I wanted to run that past all of you first in case I should check anything else.

I have a full Pentair system:
Pentair SM10-2D.E. Mulitport valve (side mounted)
Pentair Superflo pump
Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter

Thanks!

Hwy

Just to follow up, I took the valve apart and found that part of the gasket was damaged. Unfortunately, I picked up the wrong sized spider gasket from my local pool store. I'm sure my problem will be fixed once I get my hands on the right sized gasket. Thanks to Mark for weighing in!

Hwy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.