Strainer Basket.

msandrawis

Aug 5, 2019
Clark, NJ
Team,

I am brand new to this website and have learned a lot in the hour I spent here. Looking forward to using the app as well. I installed pavers after the pool was built and have been doing a lot of vaccuming lately from all the sand. Here is the problem I encountered.

Skimmer A and Skimmer B located in picture have been cleaned very well. "C" I do not know what to call that but my company said that if i loose anything in the drain I will find it here. It has a lid that is shut tight and can only be removed when the pump is off. It also has a skimmer basket that is VERY long and when removed, my arm doesn't extend deep down to feel the hole. It is sometype of suction but not a skimmer because it has an airtight lid on it.

Last week, that lid was SOO tight that I couldn't remove it but eventually managed to after pulling on it and shaking it a bit. I then cleaned out everything with a hose and got rid of all the dirt and sand.

I then went to area "D" (shown in picture) which is my pump strainer, turned the pump off, removed the lid, cleaned it thoroughly, put everything together and primed the pump, no air is showing through the lid and everythign was running well.

This morning I was checking Area "C" (what is this called by the way?) and the lid is loose while the pump is on, I can completely remove it. It doesn't achieve a tight seal. Area "D" still shows no bubbles and when I release the air from the valve on top of my filter, water comes out indicating no air.

The skimmer's have good suction in them. I have 2 water shooters that are not turned on and haven't been turned on since the pool was built and a self cleaning system that runs everyday from 8:00am to 8:00pm

any help would be appreciated.

thank you

Attachments

• 08C2D352715B7ED2A86C2E7A653F51FE.JPG
    08C2D352715B7ED2A86C2E7A653F51FE.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to the forum!
I am sorry you have not received any responses. Some of your equipment sounds quite unique. If you can get any more pictures that might be able to help our members understand your issues that would be great.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

'C' is most probably an in deck debris containment system. It traps debris the enters thru the main drain. Likely that the flow is from the main drain to that item and then back to the equipment pad. At the pad, it is probably the line with the black valve, then the tee closest to the suction port of the pump.

Are any of the pipes labeled at the pad?

C turns out to be my ADR Canister which Proavia is a 100% correct brings up the debris from the main drain. I am not sure what you mean by the black valve. I will post the pad with the equipment on it. The labels that exist on the equipment pad are "Deep Skimmer", "Shallow Skimmer", "Main Drain", "Deck Jets" and "Cleaning system".

Also my signature line has all the equipment I have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.