StoneScape "touch of glass" and color recommendations? Newby.

Conch

Oct 19, 2017
SW FL
Hi all -

New to this forum and fairly new to pools. We bought a house that alreay has a pool (our first pool!). The pool has a somewhat pebbly finish that is in good shape. It was supposedly re-done just a few years ago. The problem we have is that the color of the pebbly finish makes the pool a very dark, uninviting greenish color. Also, when it was re-finished a few years ago, they did not re-do the waterline tiles. So, it has dated tiles that are in medicocre shape with a newish pebbly finish that is in good shape, ... but the color makes it look more like a lagoon than a pool. When I think lagoon, I think "Creature from the .... " It's not inviting at all, so we want to have it re-finished.

Our goal is to have a nice inviting light blue color similar to the color of the one pictured on the home page of this TFP website. The company that we have talked to seems to use NPT finishes, especially StoneScapes. The company is from Ft. Myers, FL. They seem to to get decent online ratings and have been recommmened by a couple other people we know.

As for StoneScapes, we are leaning toward Aqua Cool for the color, but worried if it will look too "washed out". From the online photos, the water color looks great, but looks somewhat washed out in shallow areas like the steps. We don't have any of those shallow sun shelf things, so only the steps would be the concern. Has anyone done their steps in a slightly darker color than the main pool color, so that the steps look similar to the rest of the pool? Also has anyone done the StoneScape option called "a touch of glass". That is the StoneScape option where they add some glass particles for highlights. From the online catalog, it looks like it is blue glass being added, so I imagine that would give it a little more character, but not get it overly dark, either. The options are for the addition of 1, 2, or 3 bags of glass. It does not explain bags per what ? Bags per pool? A bag of glass pieces in a big pool will look more sparse than a bag in a small pool. Maybe it is bags per cubic yard or some other constant measure? Does anyone have a photo of a pool with the "touch of glass" option? Any photos of a pool doen in the StoneScape "Aqua Cool" color? Would love to see some real world photos, and not just the catalog photos. Does the addition of "touch of glass" particles give it a nice sparkle, or just look weird?

Thanks for any ideas, input, or suggestions!

Conch

Aqua cool with glass, hope you like
aa01212fd369a1124cbcf5dea8e70d59.jpg
885d34382fb332fb2a9a2b8252de26ba.jpg

Re: StoneScape "touch of glass" and color recommendations? Newby.

Thanks LV pools! That is pretty!

The more glass the more bling and shine! Bling is good! (says the Bling :queen:)

You can do just about anything with your plaster if you are willing to pay. You can have the steps done in a different color if you want. Some people have done their sun shelf a brown/tan color to look like the beach sand.

You can also have even glass added if you are willing to play AND you can add different color or take colors out.

Here is a link to a build that added a LOT of glass and extras to their water. It is a fun thread to read. If you don't have the time to read the whole thing go towards the end to see the finished results.

Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) ))

I have another one but the pics are messed up :( I will see if our IT guy can link to them. If he can I will link to that thread also.

Kim:kim:

- - - Updated - - -

Found his build thread!

New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

So pretty!

Can someone please help! We just got Aqua cool with touch of glass . Looks nothing like anyone's on here . Are y'all sure it's Aqua cool instead of white?View attachment 175640
If you just filled the pool, it could take up to a month for the chemicals and curing of the plaster to show it's true color! Don't worry

Reactions: Msaeed2010

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw your other post about this and commented there as well. :giggle: I think yours looks pretty similar to the image I saw on Google for Aqua cool mini pebble.
aqua-cool-mini.jpg

Yes, it's just the water color is off, even after the chemistry . I know a lot of Instagram images are edited but even YouTube , the water is a light blue not a green . Anyhoo just hoping it cures and becomes whiter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.