Stick with Jandy or replace with another manufacturer ?

bszaronos

Jul 11, 2020
Maryland
Hi all,

I have an inground pool 40k gallons with automatic timer that shuts everything off at night. I have a Jandy plc1400 unit that I need to replace. Not sure if I should just replace with the same or switch to another manufacture.
I was looking and found Pentair 521105 system, circupool core35 system, and Hayward W3aqr15 system.
Wanted to get everyones thoughts on what they prefer.

The early jandy aquapure systems weren't very reliable (from my experience having numerous problems and complete system replacements every 3 years). My 3rd unit was the new design that has been great for 5 years now so sounds like they’ve worked out the bugs. But mine is Integrated into my iaqualink. If you are just running a simple clock type controller without automation, I’d be inclined to save some money and buy one of the circupool models which cost less.

Right now my Jandy is working one day and not the other. It should be enough to last me till the end of the season, then go with a new unit. Looking at the cost of the units, plus the cost of the cells for replacement down the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.