Step tile

adubbs09

Apr 3, 2023
Pennsylvania
Hi,
My wife is insistent on keeping our step tile for safety for the kids with our pool renovation. These 2x2 tiles are the ones we are using for the waterline and I am thinking about just using these for the step tiles as well. They aren’t the glass tiles I have been seeing on steps but do have color variation. Do you think they will look nice for step tiles as well? Also, we currently have our step tiles on the riser of the steps and sitting bench instead of the flat part of the step. I kind of like this look but haven’t seen it anywhere else. Is this something that is more outdated? Our pool was built 20 years ago. Sorry, it’s hard to see the current step tiles on the image.A4C1A4FC-16C8-428C-AF76-5BCB08379A30.png5C2AEC68-E502-4C28-B506-AF43B7C3BFE9.jpegD17974A0-50A7-4784-B1D2-3485D5DCA9EA.png

Tiles on the horizontal instead of vertical edge of the steps makes it easier for those entering the pool to see where the edge of the step is. Those exiting the pool would be standing up and would see the horizontally placed tile also.

Size, type and color are totally up to you - just make sure they don't blend in with the plaster/pebble color. I've even seen step tiles placed one every foot or two to delineate the step edge, instead of a continuous line of tile.

If there is one thing I could change when I had my pool built, it's having step tiles. I can't tell you how many times swimmers have stumbled when entering/exiting my pool.

Reactions: adubbs09
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.