Stenner pump S3001AA101NG1

May 29, 2018
Chicago, IL
Does anybody have any information about this pump? From the specs it looks like it’s way over engineered for simply automating the adding of liquid chlorine… But I have a chance to get it at an amazing price and a buddy of mine is looking to automate the adding of liquid chlorine to his pool.

S3001AA101NG1​

Way overkill. I have a couple of used ones and the programming seems complicated. I have done programming but reading the manual seemed that way. I like the RolaChem, just turn the dial and change the dose.

I completely agree with you that it’s overkill… What I’m wondering though is will it work off of a digital Wi-Fi timer that just powers it on and off on a time schedule or do I have to program the embedded timer for that to work? I have one already set up myself that is a basic stenner 10 gpd pump. I have it hooked up to a Wi-Fi timer that I can control with my phone to power it on and off. I’m trying to set up a system for a buddy of mine and came across this pump at an amazing price.

I think it would work that way. Stenner has a pretty good support section, you should be able to find the manual.
I saw a thread with this the other day. BRS 2 Part Doser is cheap and would work with your wifi timer. I don't know how much chlorine your friend needs to feed. We are using just under 3 gallons a day for our big pool.

37500 gal in deep south Texas. Lots of sun and wind from the south east. I was talking about the worst case during the winter when I have a really high swimmer load. Right now I think we are at a gallon a day.

I forgot a very important point. The 4-inch OD tube that the rollers ride on, is $90 to replace. At least the model we have.
The RolaChem is $8 and I replace it once a year.
If you are only adding 30 oz a day that is 887 mL, there are 1440 minutes in a day, the BRS 2 part puts out 1.1 mL per minute. If my thinking is correct that would be a 60% duty cycle.

Last edited:
So I was able to find the manual online on this pump... and while it has a million different programmable options... I don't see an option to turn on when power is applied like I have my current setup.. I like to use a wifi plug to power on/off my pump since I travel quite a bit and I have to adjust my dosage remotely quite a bit.

Dosing Pump for Aquarium Lab Analytical or BRS 2 Part Doser are two small pumps that might work for you. I have no experience with either one. The BRS 2 Part Doser seems to be quite popular with the aquarium crowd. I found out about that in a recent thread here. What WiFi plug do you plan to use?
I already have a set up for myself… I’m building a set up for a buddy of mine. I ended up buying that stenner pump… I know it’s way over engineered for what we need but it was $60 brand new. I couldn’t pass that deal up. This is basically the same Wi-Fi plug that I use… I have a couple of them outside that controls, various landscape, lighting and fountains… They work fantastic. I set mine to dose chlorine only while my pool pump is running.

Attachments

• IMG_3122.png
    IMG_3122.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does it have a sunset timer for zip codes? I have some timers that adjust to turn off at sunset automatically. I am looking for options to control the outside lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.