Stenner pump problem?

ltl1975

Mar 15, 2021
Jacksonville, Fl
Hi, I bought a Stenner injection system for my well water system. The Stenner system injects Hydrogen Peroxide into the water flow. When I first got the system it worked fine without any issue. Its been about 4-months and I noticed that the system was not pumping. The flow indicator was not showing any flow when the pump was operating. I noticed the pump was not keeping a prime. So I replaced both the rollers and tubing on the pump, and the injector (thinking that it might have been clogged but it wasn't). I am still having the same problem with the pump not priming and not pumping strong (i.e. flow indictor ball barely moves). I inspected the suction tubing, strainer, and discharge tubing and could not find any issue.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, what did you do to correct?

Well I'm not Stenner tech support, but I have a comment if that's ok.

Did you replace the ferrule on the suction side tubing? If not, I'd do that and see if it solves your problem. It doesn't take much of a leak on the suction side to stop the pump from drawing in liquid.

Well I replaced the ferrule on the suction side of the pump and also going to the injector and still have the same issue. I noted that the pump really has no suction. I replaced the both the rollers and tube and still have the same results. Something does not make any sense.....its a pretty simple pump unless the motor is rotating fast enough.

I am thinking about installing a inline micro pump on the suction side to help boost pressure to the Stenner pump. Any thoughts?

Depending on the model there will be a few troubleshooting steps we could try.
For the classic series you really want to make sure that your rollers are fully expanded.
If it is an Econ - there is a latch behind the pump head we need to make sure is fully secured.
For anyone interested, I have attached our basic service manual.

Thanks,

Steven (Technical Services Manager)

Attachments

• Stenner Basic Service Manual.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.