Stenner Econ T?

Just got mine today . Will post some pictures tonight. Looks like a nice high quality unit that should work well .
I ordered mine on 5/31 , and the date code it was built was 6/2/2017 , so clearly the e-bay seller does not have these in stock, so anyone who is interested, keep that in mind. It will be at least a week or more before you will get one if ordered via e-bay from "dpumpdoctor" . It does not seem there are many vendors who carry or sell this newer pump yet , the little that do on line are at full blown retail price. The one and only e-bay seller is abouit half the cost of full retail, but shipping is on the slower side for this pump unfortunately . I paid $215. for it, which included ALL of the hardware and parts to go along with it, including a good length of tubing, weighted vat pick-up screen and an extra santoprene tube set.

Regnar , sorry to hear of the problems , mine appears to be perfect . I am not sure if you sent yours in for repair yet , but ............
Something to note on mine. I had a little bit of a tough time trying to figure out how to program it , and also thought , that at first , mine was bad too . None of the buttons except the manual button appeared to work . I finally figured out that the "clock" button had to be HELD DOWN to allow any of the other programming buttons to work to set the clock . I did not see this mentioned in the directions , and luckily found this out myself.
Maybe there is a chance yours was not bad ???

Just a thought ..........

Excited to hook this up this weekend, will post pics and a quick review along with Regnars !

J
Something to note on mine. I had a little bit of a tough time trying to figure out how to program it , and also thought , that at first , mine was bad too . None of the buttons except the manual button appeared to work . I finally figured out that the "clock" button had to be HELD DOWN to allow any of the other programming buttons to work to set the clock . I did not see this mentioned in the directions , and luckily found this out myself.

Yep I had to read to figure out how to program the rest of the buttons. For sure thought the DAY button didn't work. Not a big deal as like you mentioned the price was more than fair and the little bit of inconvenience hasn't been that bad. Just gonna take a little more time. Sent it off today to Stenner and should hear back from them probably mid week.

Got my EconT installed yesterday with no issues whatsoever . Thanks Regnar for the little push I needed with this thread !
Was very easy to install , which in my case included removing all of my "Liquidator" plumbing (except the tank) .
All the mechanics for the pool are located in a pump house which fully enclosed to keep everything (except the heatpump pool heater) out of sight and OUT of the weather including the hot sun to keep everything cool.
I "re-purposed" my "Liquidator" tank as a vat for the Stenner system . I figured that I already had it, and it was already suitable for sodium hypochlorite use , plus it fit exactly in the small footprint I had to work with since it was already in use as a "Liquidator" .
First , I set up the Liquidator on full flow a day earlier to empty the small amount of sodium hypochlorite that was still left in it, so I wouldn't have to deal with bleach getting all over . Next I shut down the whole system , and completely removed the "Liquidator" plumbing . The two ports that the liquidator used as feed and dispense in my 1 1/2 " plumbing, I tapped out for 1/4 npt and installed plastic plugs to block them off. I then completely cleaned out the liquidator tank which has been in use for 3 years ...........LOTS of scale in it !!! I was able to acquire 2 rubber plugs to block off the liquidator tank holes , and used one of the plugs as a location to feed in the Stenner line . Got the tank all done, and installed the Stenner weighted pick up and line in the tank . Installed the Stenner Econ T on the wall next to and higher than the feed tank (original liquidator tank) . Also its conveniently located next to a GFCI outlet in the pump house which also feeds the exterior pool lighting control unit . Then installed a 1 1/2" T that had a small threaded opening on the "t" port. I did need to use an adapter to go down from 3/4" npt on the "t" , to the 1/2" Stenner injection check valve assy . I installed the T at the tail end of my system after the pump, filter and heater , but right before the main return split off to my 3 returns for the pool . Set the liquidator tank in place, and finished all the Stenner plumbing hook -ups . FIlled the tank with 8.25% bleach (like I have been using for the "Liquidator" set-up anyway) , and marked the tank after every gallon so I could more easily keep track of sodium hypochlorite usage , and when it needs to be filled.

Install went very easy and I think it took me about 2 hours total just taking my time and making sure the install went off without a hitch .
Everything works perfect, and now I just need to dial the Stenner in over the next week to get it perfect .

Here are some pictures of my install ..............

BEFORE , with the "Liquidator" still running .

After ........... Stenner installation using the liquidator tank .

(Sorry, I left the CYA sock in the picture ! I am sure TFP members knew what it was for already ! ,lol )

Stenner pick-up inside liquidator vat ............

Stenner injection port installed in 1 1/2" T ..........
IMG_1419_zpsn5teh5iz.jpg

Stenner EconT on wall of pump house ..........

Liquidator vat for Stenner with reference markers .........

Shot of my enclosed pump house ..............behind the "hidden" door of the TIKI BAR ! Above it is our pool bath /shower house and changing area .

Shot of the pool that the Stenner will be in charge of , lol ! Just installed a new liner this season . Pics above and below the waterline ........... THANKS TFP !!!! As you can see , the pool is crystal clear !!!

This shot is underwater , with an i-phone and a 36' view into the deep end .

Any updates Regnar ?
Hopefully you got your defective pump replaced already and are in the process of installing it soon !?!?!

Got it back yesterday. Sent it out June 9th so almost 2 weeks.

They ended up replacing the overlay and control board all under warranty. I was never contacted about anything and it just showed up on the door step flopping around in a box. Surprised it didn't break in shipping.

How is yours working out? If bench testing goes good I will be installing mine on Monday when I have the house to myself.

Got it back yesterday. Sent it out June 9th so almost 2 weeks.

They ended up replacing the overlay and control board all under warranty. I was never contacted about anything and it just showed up on the door step flopping around in a box. Surprised it didn't break in shipping.

How is yours working out? If bench testing goes good I will be installing mine on Monday when I have the house to myself.

Mine has been working perfectly since day one . I never even gave mine a test run other than checking that everything worked properly . I installed it and it went right to work on the pool. Has been absolutely perfect so far . Its very precise .
Good luck with the install !

Finished up test over the last week. Worked as advertised except one day when we lost power at the same as the start time. Basically it didn't pump that day. Even when the power came back on.

Started to plumb everything in and the rain started. Removed the old Chlorinator from Hayward and was surprised to see how far they neck down the Venturi. Basically down the size of a Nickel. Now that it's gone the pump sounds slightly different.

Hope to have a new Pentair Pump here in the next few months and will address the rest of the issues on the pad but here is how far I got today. If the weather cooperates over the next few days I will wire it in.
e9e00e541fa3ecbb5dd32c43d751c2cf-1.jpg
2545339912d87ce57af6cfd70d7f969c-1.jpg

After some late night reading I came across this thread about the Econ T. After reading all the posts I purchased the E20T4G. I currently have flex hose on my return and wanted to know if I'll needed to change it. Not exactly sure how I can mount the stenner discharge into a flex pipe. Thanks everyone.

After some late night reading I came across this thread about the Econ T. After reading all the posts I purchased the E20T4G. I currently have flex hose on my return and wanted to know if I'll needed to change it. Not exactly sure how I can mount the stenner discharge into a flex pipe. Thanks everyone.

Can you post a picture of what you are working with and maybe we can help.
Not sure if there will be a way to tap into flex hose that will be "reliable", and leak free . You may have to find another way or re-plumb with hard PVC , with "T" , like in Regnars picture above (or in my pics) .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you going to install a return line back to the tank for when / if the pump tube breaks ?
Hi Sammy.
Are you asking me? I haven’t gotten my pump yet. Do you have a picture of a pump where this has been done?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to install a return line back to the tank for when / if the pump tube breaks ?
Hi Sammy.
Are you asking me? I haven’t gotten my pump yet. Do you have a picture of a pump where this has been done?

They actually recommend you drill a hole in the pump head? That sounds kinda crazy. My pump (not a stenner) has a sensor so that if it detects liquid inside the chamber it shuts the pump off. Works great - found out when I first used the wrong type of pump tube that didn't hold up to chlorine. Stenner should implement something like that...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.