Starting soon, Tampa area. - **Build complete!** 4/21

We're moving along! Plumbing and backfill was completed last week, just waiting on inspection and delivery of coping and tile to move on.
We also got our final "design" back from the PB, we made some changes at the construction meeting and asked for an updated design.
The PB is hoping things should move quickly now that we are past concrete and plumbing. We cant wait!PD11.JPGPD22.JPGPD33.JPGPD44.JPG
backfill1.JPG

Shellock pool coping, Travertine spa coping, split face, tile, and water features all got delivered this week and coping/tile crew showed up this morning. It already looks so much better with the concrete being prepped for tile. They should be done Monday so I will update with pics then!

Attachments

• tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 57
  • tile1.jpg
    tile1.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 59
  • tile 3.jpg
    tile 3.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 56
Tile and coping is 95% done. One section of waterline tile to the left of the spa needs grout and we are waiting on the deck step footers to be installed for the split face and coping to be finished. We cant wait to see it cleaned up and in the sun with water on it.

The columns will get silver travertine caps to match the coping on the spa once the gas lines are ran for the fire bowls.

We went back and forth over the different tile for the spillway but it looks so good in the sun light. The Lightwave and Equinox are identical iridescent tiles but the Equinox has blue tiles thrown in. The grout completely changes the look as you can see in one pic. We chose DeLorean gray grout.

We used the Lightwaves tile for the steps and benches, it really ties everything together and gives some extra "bling"!

We're also really happy with the Shellock, and cant wait to see the rest of the deck come together. Concrete for the back wall and deck steps should happen next week along with gas lines for the heater and Slickrock fire bowls. After that we are on to decking and plaster and hoping for fill up by end of February!
TC5.jpg
TC6.jpg
TC7.jpg
TC3.jpg
TC1.jpg
TC4.jpg

The end is in sight... Finally moving along on the decking after some delivery delays and long material lead times. We are so glad to hopefully have most of the dirt covered up by this weekend.
I think we were more excited for the deck install to start than we were for the hole to be dug or gunite to be shot after dealing with dirt everywhere! LOL
Hoping for the safety fence and safety inspection to get completed next week and then we'll be on to plaster!

This is around 2100 sqft of Ivory Shellock and two loads of crushed concrete. We have travertine coping and caps on our wall columns and spa and the heat difference between the Shellock and Travertine is definitely noticeable on bare feet with the Shellock being much cooler.

Equipment and electrical should be wrapped up this afternoon as well. it was mostly done and waiting on the EasyTouch center to get delivered to finish up.

On a side note, I'm actually thankful for the delays with the crazy amount of oak pollen we've had so far, as you can notice on our roof! Luckily we've had good timing with the rain and wind that is has knocked most of it down pretty quickly. Anyone in the Tampa area feel the same?

Attachments

• slstack.jpg
    slstack.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • slstack2.jpg
    slstack2.jpg
    881 KB · Views: 69
  • slstack3.jpg
    slstack3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Awesome! Looking really nice and you're so close. Nice choice in travertine too :) Our family is looking to move to Tampa sometime in the next few years and would likely build a pool along with the house. I'm all ears for recommendations for contractors and/or places to avoid if you've got an opinion :)

Glad to see your pool is moving forward. I can echo the delay in build as we signed in July as well over in Pinellas. The main delay was the Shellock and we confirmed with the vendor just to make sure we weren't being given the run around. Still waiting on the interior to be shot on ours. PB said it was going to be this week so we will see.

Reactions: GoDawgs813
On a side note, I'm actually thankful for the delays with the crazy amount of oak pollen we've had so far, as you can notice on our roof! Luckily we've had good timing with the rain and wind that is has knocked most of it down pretty quickly. Anyone in the Tampa area feel the same?
We have so much pollen falling and raked up sooooo many leaves! My head is so stuffy! I hate this time of year with my allergies yet I LOVE the weather.

Might be too late, but you might consider dumping the globrites for microbrites. Globrites have a propriety niche so you can only use those. Microbrites are a standard 1.5 so you can replace with whatever.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah major delay for us on the Shellock. Took almost seven weeks for it to arrive, and it wasn’t even what we wanted initially.

Well, good news! We were turned in for plaster this morning after safety inspection, electrical inspection, pool prep, and successful punch list completion this week. Being on week 21 since dig, we are thankful to be at this point! No date yet on finish, but at least we're in line.
We are still waiting on chemical tanks for the injection system, but the PB will maintain and balance chemicals until they arrive and are installed. Once pool is filled and equipment is running, the gas contractor will return to complete gas heater hookup and complete the fire bowl install.
Safety fence isn't nearly as terrible looking as we imagined it to be, but regardless of looks, we wouldn't be without it having small children.
The Shellock deck is fantastic and was worth the wait! The temperature difference in the afternoon vs the silver travertine on the spa, is definitely noticeable on bare feet with the Shellock being much cooler. We ended up having a delay in being a pallet short and thankfully a distributor near us had two pallets or we would still be waiting.
Once the pool is complete, our landscaper will finish up with 350sqft of turf on the empty side of the deck, install landscape border next to it and complete the lighting install on the rear wall.
Fingers crossed for speedy plaster and that all of the equipment functions as it should on start up!7231.jpg7232.jpg7235.jpg7234.jpg7236.jpg

Attachments

• 7234.jpg
    7234.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 16
This looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished and lit up at night. These PBs are putting us through a heck of a process aren't they - I've had friends build homes faster lol but as long as the work looks this good I'll be happy at the end of the day (or year).

I love how much space and areas to hang out you have - the spa, fire pit, side section, and covered patio all create great niches for different groups to get together. Same kind of thing we're trying to do on a slightly smaller scale.

This looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished and lit up at night. These PBs are putting us through a heck of a process aren't they - I've had friends build homes faster lol but as long as the work looks this good I'll be happy at the end of the day (or year).

I love how much space and areas to hang out you have - the spa, fire pit, side section, and covered patio all create great niches for different groups to get together. Same kind of thing we're trying to do on a slightly smaller scale.
Thank you! Man, it's a roller coaster for sure!

We really wanted to maximize space around the pool and hopefully once our (backordered...shocker!) furniture gets delivered, it'll really tie it together. It was tough with the wide open back yard, still have some work to do with the playset border and some grass to finish it off.
Looking forward to seeing yours completed! Hopefully it's soon!

Looks great! Wow 21 weeks....been 11 since my dig date and it feels like it has been forever.
Yes, 21 loooooong weeks filled with dirt. LOL
Hopefully you are completed before that!

We made it....Fill day is today!!! Plaster was completed yesterday afternoon, acid wash this morning and then the fill starts.

PB uses the Orenda start up method, anyone have any experience with this? The Orenda Startup™ Step-by-Step Pool Startup Guide From what I've read its supposed to cut down on the amount of plaster dust and help with high PH levels at start up? We'll see in a few days how true that is I guess. PB has already tested our fill water and has the chemicals and start up barrel on site to perform the start up.

I cant believe how quick the plaster process was. We cant wait to see it with water and most importantly, start our brushing exercise routine!
p5.jpgp3.jpgp2.jpgp1.jpgp6.jpgp4.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.