Starting SLAM today post ~50% drain. Start process after refill?

OK -- so you have a full automation system.
@ajw22 knows more about Jandy automation than I do. Let's see if he can help.

Allen -- we need to set up a Spillover function so the spa spillover aeration is reduced. Is that possible with the iAqualink system?

Dip switch 3 needs to be turned on for the Spillover. That makes AUX3 turn the spillover on and off. If you have something else connected to the AUX3 relay it needs to be moved to another unused AUX button.

Jandy_Aqualink_RS - Spillover_Mode

Then the cam in your return actuator may need to be adjusted to fully close the spa return when in POOL mode.

My pH is finally calming down without me messing with my overflow automation. My husband took a required weekly water sample to Leslie’s and interestingly they had *just* installed a new, improved water testing machine, and their results were very similar to my home test, with the exception of CH. Since at the time both of our tests were reading a pH of 8 and TA of ~140, they suggested adding 1 gal 75 oz of MA, dosing no more than 32 oz at a time every 4 hours. For grins I went ahead and did 5 doses of MA spaced at least 4 hours each and my TA has dropped to 110 and my pH is finally holding steady overnight at 7.2 for two nights straight.

Calcium Hardness: My readings are 225. Leslies says 140. Pool builder suggests 200-400 (as well as app)

*If* I wanted to raise my CH and shoot for a target of 250-300 to be nicely mid-range, could I do so using Power Powder (73% Cal-Hypo)? I have a bucket full of it leftover from the old ways/days. I was thinking of doing a chlorine dose using it instead of my liquid chlorine.

You can use cal hypo to raise your CH. Use Pool math to see how much each dose will raise your CH.
Be ware that your fill water most likely has calcium in it. So as your pool water evaporates, and you use the fill water, your CH will rise.
Your Taylor CH test is accurate. Fancy machines do not create accuracy. It being new probably helped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.