Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
All,

I have had continually high CC around 1.5. With weather being rainy and temps dropping here in Ohio the next few days; I thought I'd start my SLAM process to get rid of it. I have a SWG, which is turned off, my CYA is at 60 so I've been targeting 24 ppm of FC. My water is already 100% clear. I began last night to get to shock level. I have been testing every 3-4 hours. I get to about 19 or 20 FC each time, so something is eating it up. I brushed the wall this morning, my next check is due between 3:00 and 4:00 pm. Any other tips? Is it ok to put my dolphin in the water with that high of chlorine? Or should I manually vacuum? (I don't have much debri if any at the bottom of my spots where I collect the most)

You can run the Dophin, but sounds like brushing is the most important. Get all areas of the pool, inside the skimmer, any light niches, etc.

Reactions: Bgronostaj
8am update. FC at 12:45 am was 27. Tested at 8am, FC was 25. (Sun has been out earlier so it's possible I waited too late) However yesterday I was dropping at a rate of about 3-4ppm over 4 hours, so it's definitely getting better. Only problem I see is my CC is still varying from 1-1.5. 1.5 this morning at 8am.

Only problem I see is my CC is still varying from 1-1.5. 1.5 this morning at 8am
No problems, it means the chlorine is doing it’s thing. (y)

However yesterday I was dropping at a rate of about 3-4ppm over 4 hours, so it's definitely getting better
When followed to a ‘T’ the chlorine will hold better as the process plays out. Like you’re seeing. Be patient and you’ll win the battle. No shortcuts. :)

No problems, it means the chlorine is doing it’s thing. (y)

When followed to a ‘T’ the chlorine will hold better as the process plays out. Like you’re seeing. Be patient and you’ll win the battle. No shortcuts. :)
Is it common for the CC to not go down until the FC is holding?

s it common for the CC to not go down until the FC is holding?
They usually go hand in hand for the most part. A lot of organic material will use a lot of FCs and create CCs. Mixing the water can skew either one a bit.
I supposed that is a good sign I'm losing less and less.
It is. Stay the course. Sometimes there are minor bumps in the road so do not relieve pressure. Foot on throat and press. (y)

Reactions: Bgronostaj
I would consider the fact I added a gallon and a half at 10:12pm last night and my reading was 26 this morning, I would say that I've completed the OCLT. Would you agree?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you test your FC after your addition last night? That way you can test in the morning and see what your exact drop was.
No but I just test it. At 2:00 I was at FC 21 and CC 1.0. At 9:15 I was at FC 30, CC 1.5. For the life of me why the heck is my CC not leveling out??????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.