Stamped concrete maintenance for indoor pool?

RichE

Gold Supporter
Oct 6, 2016
Ann Arbor MI
Does anyone else with an indoor pool have a stamped concrete deck? My pool deck was installed by the previous owners and it's not easy to maintain! My own attempt at sealing the deck quickly wore off and convinced me it was something for the pros, but I've had trouble finding folks willing to do the job. I finally got someone to seal it last fall and it looked so much better, but the sealer around the pool wore away in just a few months again. Any suggestions (besides don't install stamped concrete)? Is this just how it goes with stamped concrete (sealant doesn't last and it doesn't look that good)? Maybe the area around the pool needs a more thorough application than the rest of the space?

More information:
I vacuum then mop the floors twice a week with diluted bleach water
The sealant made the floors easier to clean because it reduced all the nooks and crannies, but it doesn't help after it's gone
The gentleman who did the deck work for me does stamped concrete washing and sealing it as his full-time job and works with an installer. He said the pool chlorine is the reason the sealer wore off quickly (he previously said it would be good for a few years)

I have found TFP so helpful over the years! Thank you to everyone who contributes to this great resource!

Attachments

• IMG_6202.jpg
    IMG_6202.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6204.jpg
    IMG_6204.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6134.jpg
    IMG_6134.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 15
Your installer has a point about the pool chlorine oxidizing the sealer. But you make it worse by mopping with diluted bleach. I think it is your bleach mopping, not the pool chlorine, that is rapidly removing the sealer.

Thank you! Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative floor cleaner? I thought diluted bleach made the most sense for keeping the pool water clean.
The floor looks best in the sunroom, where there is plenty of foot traffic and mopping, but less water from the pool.

If you want bleach in the water, use the pool water to mop with.

I suspect you are using a very strong bleach mix. Use one that is 5 ppm or less FC. In a 5 gallon bucket that would be just under 2 ml of 6% bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.