Stair/ladder solutions for decked in AGP

Cravi5

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2020
Nj
Hi,

We have a fully decked in AGP.
There were plastic steps that go into the pool and the arms stick out onto the deck.

The thing was removed from the pool and weighed a ton and I figured the previous owners had filled with sand (we just bought house) but it was actually filled with stagnant water. I drained it and it was unsurprisingly green.

I planned on power washing with bleach and filling the inside with bleach water to clean.

My question is, would this even get fully clean? And how do I install it? I see ppl frown on letting it fill a water since the water is obviously stagnant and you can’t get circulation. Same with sand.

Do I have other options? Trying not to have to spend A fortune on new steps(we already replaced the liner, and cartridge filter already). Is the best solution the pvc tie down trick?

Is it possible to fill with heavily chlorinated water and cap off?

We’ve been climbing out by using the pool rail for support but that’s obviously getting old and I assume not great for the pool walls

I don’t see solutions under $300/400 so trying to work with what I have. I was surprised to see ladders were about as expensive as steps ( I guess due to weight distribution needed?)

Would you salvage the existing steps?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.