Bedford TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I had my pool remodeled in September 2022. I have a rock water feature. During start up the service person came out about 3 times then turned it over to me. I saw problems with the plaster, so their service person came back for a few more weeks. He did not brush, that was suppose to be my job. A few weeks after, the wall under the water feature started turning yellow. And something was going on in my hot tub. Not sure what as the pool sales person had her people out while I was on vacation and did something to the hot tub. A few weeks go by and I continue to call the pool company to say the yellow staining is still in the pool and I see a few pot marks in the middle of the pool. Finally the owner comes out to look at the pool. He says the yellow is from chemical inbalance, trees, and that my heater is putting copper into the water. Anything I said came back to my chemicals, heater, and trees. I do not have that many trees around my pool. Leaves do not sit in my pool. Anyway, the final answer was for him to drain my pool, and in October, they acid washed both my pool and hot tub. I changed my pool service company at his suggestion.
Things go until the summer starts, then I start getting staining in my hot tub, and the pot mark areas in the pool are now showing rust. I also have etching, staining, whatever in my pool around one side of the pool.

I have had a couple of pool companies out to give me their thoughts. One says mottling in the hot tub and and not sure what is going on in the pool. The second company did not know what was going on in the hot tub but it looked like the cement to him? He had noclue about the pool. He just wants me to sign on to their service and charge me $100 to work on the chemicals.
I am in Bedford Tx so our temps are +100 degrees over the past few weeks. My ph has been around 8.0. The Hot tub is getting worse and what ever it is is now on the bench. The staining in the pool is moving across the pool. I have attached pictures. I am looking for someone in the area that can come trouble shoot the problems, if possible.
Thank you

Attachments

• Hot Tub.jpg
    Hot Tub.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Hot Tub2.jpg
    Hot Tub2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Hot Tub3.jpg
    Hot Tub3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Pool 4.jpg
    Pool 4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Pool2a.jpg
    Pool2a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool5.jpg
    Pool5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool6.jpg
    Pool6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to TFP 🤗
Couple of questions to get started ;
Are you on a well?
How are you chlorinating the pool?
Do you have your own test kit?
(If not you should get one ASAP)
Test Kits Compared
If so what are your latest test results?
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt (if applicable)
I am sure some plaster folks will be along shortly with more.

I am not on a well. It is city water.
It is a salt pool, so the salt cell generates the chlorine
I do not have a test kit but will get one today. I have the test strips but they are from last year so probably old.
I have a heater that is the original one from 2004 when we put the pool in.

I am not on a well. It is city water.
It is a salt pool, so the salt cell generates the chlorine
I do not have a test kit but will get one today. I have the test strips but they are from last year so probably old.
I have a heater that is the original one from 2004 when we put the pool in.
Be sure you get a tf100/pro salt
Or Taylor k2006 salt
No others have all the tests you need. They are not usually available in stores & need to be ordered.

Good Morning,
I did receive my test kit.
Here are my results (If I calculated them correctly):

Fc 3.6
Cc .4
Ph 8.0
Ta 100
Ch 250
Cya 50
Salt (if applicable) 4,000

From what I can tell from the information in the Taylor test kit, my levels are ok except the Ph is high. I added muriatic acid.
My pool service company shows 3800 on salt.
Maybe I need plaster experts to weigh in?
Thank you for anything you can offer.

Welcome to TFP 🤗
Couple of questions to get started ;
Are you on a well?
How are you chlorinating the pool?
Do you have your own test kit?
(If not you should get one ASAP)
Test Kits Compared
If so what are your latest test results?
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt (if applicable)
I am sure some plaster folks will be along shortly with more.
Test results: (Taylor k-2006-Salt Complete Test Kit)
Fc = 3.6
Cc = .4
Ph = 8.0
Ta = 100ppm
Ch = 250
Cya = 50
Salt (if applicable) = 4000 (if I read the test correctly)

Sorry you haven’t gotten more replies.
Your cya is a bit low for a swcg pool in sunny texas.
FC/CYA Levels
But before increasing it to around 70 you may want to do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out anything organic incase you need to do the SLAM Process.

Have you attempted to identify the stains by trying a trichlor puck on them or crushed vitamin c in a sock to see if they lift? If not, give that a try & report back.
Also, if you can please list the model of your heater. You can take a pic of any identifying numbers.

Reactions: dbowen221
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.