SW Boston Suburbs
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Despite rinsing and wiping my "Chlorine Only" TF Graduated Cylinder is stained. Does this affect the water/reagent reaction during testing? The same stains on my Smart Stir pill have also left some staining on the bottom of the cylinder I use for my other tests. Is this compromising my testing?

Nope, that's just what happens to it. That's why they give you a separate cylinder for it. On the other hand, I don't have any staining on the magnet itself, that's interesting. My cylinder looks like garbage, but the magnet itself looks brand new.

Thx all.
I've been too lazy to clean the vial or the pill but previously I've read here how to do it (one old thread on the Chlorine only cylinders also suggests using vinegar). My only concern was if the staining was compromising my testing.

On a marginally related note, my TFT-100 kit was purchased in 2020 which corresponds to complaints about the markings coming off the "Chlorine only" cylinder and the possibility that it was due to a bad batch of cylinders.

The stain is where the magnet smacked the granules into the cylinder wall. Remember, you are adding enough granules to make a saturated solution, not all dissolves. The worst the stain can do is redissolve back into solution, leaving other granules undissolved, the test runs the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve-D
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.