Stain Removing: Cloudy Blue Water Stage

I won’t do it. I started seeing them when the pool started clearing and I began brushing them like crazy. I only have a 5 in brush right now so that is fun. I ordered a 10 in one to help with coverage without getting too big to be able to scrub. I put a tri-chlor puck on a few of the specks with my homemade puck tool ( a plastic paintbrush holder that screws into my van washing pole with a big plastic vice grip to hold the puck). It works but it is beyond tedious to try and hold that on those little specks. I will keep the FC up and keep brushing. I read about Silvertrine and people make claims of being effective but I worry that might be another introduction of something that stains. I added 8 lbs of calcium and brought the CH up to 170. All of my test results are now a bit wacky so I am just testing FC right now. Yes, I’m the girl who thought she had no algae issues. ???

I just got my new agent for Taylor so I could test the FC properly again. The FC is 20! But if my CYA is actually 50, then that matches the chart. I haven’t added any bleach for two days. I will let it slide down and stop adding bleach as the Black algae directions in pool school say to keep between normal and slam level.

Still brushing. Here are some pics of the wee nasties. Not sure there’s any improvement. FC is still 20 and the rest of my tests are hard to trust. Ph says 7.8 and TA says 220. CH is 220. Should I trust these tests and lower the PH/TA? Filter was again full of light coffee colored stuff. I can tell some of the old staining is waning! This pool is trying to kill me. I haven’t done anything else for over 3 weeks.

Attachments

• 685E871F-A164-4F48-BF7A-573A39157778.jpeg
    685E871F-A164-4F48-BF7A-573A39157778.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 7
  • 52BA173A-B5F0-4872-8C54-EFD392840A49.jpeg
    52BA173A-B5F0-4872-8C54-EFD392840A49.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 7
  • CC97F7BA-8FE9-41D4-A41A-5F110E45B084.jpeg
    CC97F7BA-8FE9-41D4-A41A-5F110E45B084.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 7
Just keep your pH in the 7's. Don’t worry about your TA right now.

Last edited:
I lowered the ph today. It’s 7.6 now and I think the TA went down too but who knows with the wacky results. I am stunned at how much the TFP methodology is cleaning up my pool. I feel so very grateful. I know bromine users are a little out of place here but everyone has gone out of their way to help me. I am going to be able to keep my pool properly and not venture in to exercises of which I do not know what I am doing. Thank you most of all. You have been so kind.

Those little black nasties are stubborn. I received my bigger algae brush today and it is doing a much better job. I’ve brushed it 3 times today. I hope I don’t overdo it but they have to come up. I am a bit of an obsessive/compulsive. It freaks me out to know it is some kind of bacteria growing into my plaster. Do they typically fade slowly? Or do they disappear once the biofilm is breached?

You can’t overdo brushing. Just keep hitting the spots and let chlorine do its job.

I just went down to peep at it and it is absolutely stunning to see the difference. It is literally becoming brighter and so much cleaner. Those stains have been in that pool for so long. I never thought it could look like this. Happy, Happy even with the brushing backache!

I took that culator out today. It looked like it might explode as it was nearly bursting out of the plastic cage. Their website says to squeeze the air out of it but there is no air in it. It feels solid. Should I get a new one? It seems to be doing quite a good job of catching something, metal I assume. It’s been in there nearly a month so I guess it’s time to replace it.

I took that culator out today. It looked like it might explode as it was nearly bursting out of the plastic cage. Their website says to squeeze the air out of it but there is no air in it. It feels solid. Should I get a new one? It seems to be doing quite a good job of catching something, metal I assume. It’s been in there nearly a month so I guess it’s time to replace it.

I have never used the Culator but if it seems to be working for you I would replace it. It can’t hurt, and may help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.