Stain Eraser and rust marks

May 26, 2017
West Hills, Ca.
I just tried the StainEraser on some rust spots I had from a bolt from my solar cover reel and a bottle cap rusting on my floor from at least a year ago, and it worked really exceptionally well! I'm very surprised how well it took off the coin sized rust spots. Any harm in using it? As a pool new pool owner I always feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... (though this forum is really making it easier for me to feel empowered!!!)

Also, I noticed a slight bronze discoloration on my walls (not algae, for sure) and little on the floor that this thing also rubbed off, which is terrific! Now I can't use this thing on my entire pool, it would take months of rubbing, so I wonder if I could use a wire brush instead? This is a concrete/plaster pool I guess, and I think it has been painted before we bought the house, and I've read conflicting reports of using wire brushes on painted walls.
My regular Gorilla nylon brush does not get this more general bronze discoloration off, only rubbing with the StainEraser did.
Will I damage my pool in the long run? Should I try a chemical solution like from Natural Chemistry or Jack's Magic? Even though I did not test positive for copper in my water, I have a feeling this is a copper discoloration since I stupidly used Clorox Blue tabs (with copper algaecide) for over a year. I've just RO'ed my water and SLAMmed it for a week, so I don't want to mess things up with all the work and $$ I've put in so far. I know Jacks also makes a test kit to identify the type of stain, is that worthwhile?
And also there's this acid spot applicator as well "Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover." What sorts of stains will that help with and will that hurt the plaster surface?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.