Stablizer

You can buy stabilizer in 4 lbs bottles in Walmart. I’ve also bought it from Amazon.

The problem with pucks is that it’s very easy for your CYA to get too high. If your CYA is at least 30, and If you stay on top of it and switch to liquid chlorine as soon as it hits 50, and change your target FC as the CYA goes up, it isn’t wrong to use pucks.

You can buy stabilizer in 4 lbs bottles in Walmart. I’ve also bought it from Amazon.

The problem with pucks is that it’s very easy for your CYA to get too high. If your CYA is at least 30, and If you stay on top of it and switch to liquid chlorine as soon as it hits 50, and change your target FC as the CYA goes up, it isn’t wrong to use pucks.

Do you mean the sodium hypochlorite? I have always used both.

Not sure what you’re asking.

Sodium hypochlorite = liquid chlorine or bleach.
CYA = stabilizers = cyanuric acid.

That is great. It takes accurate and often testing to manage your FC based on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Oh...you said "switch to liquid chlorine". I have always used liquid chlorine and the stabilizer tablets at the same time.
The "hockey pucks" are really not sold as a stabilizer product, they are used as a source of chlorine. The side effect is that they are almost half stabilizer so their use sa a chlorine source drives up the stabilizer.

We generally recommend using single source products when ever possible. Just buy 100% CYA and be done with it. Chlorinate the pool with liquid.

But, if you don't mind how slow the "hockey pucks" raise the stabilizer you can use those also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.