Stabilizer free chlorine tabs?

Victor

Aug 4, 2012
Girard, OH
Hello all, I’m looking for a chlorine tabs without stabilizer, do they make them? I saw in the spa start up to use bleach after reaching cya level of 20, but is there and easier way to add the chlorine without manually adding daily, like with a floater? Thanks
Victor

I you find them let us know! You will make MILLIONS! Now saying that there is tablets that had calcium hardness instead of CYA BUT....yeah the BIG BUT they cause your CH to rise so...................rock and hard place here.
Not being home for some weekend for work makes me worried about coming back to a smelly swamp if I don’t use the floater.. but my cya is 80 now.. ugh has to be an easier way??

A drape over swg like the saltron mini/ chlormaker is the way to go for daily maintenance dosing of chlorine. Then you just need to add liquid chlorine for extended soaks etc. or you can push the button again depending upon the need when you use the tub.

I tried the frogese thing with a new tub a while back, seems like a scam to me. Doesn't do the job very well and then you have to buy their very expensive cartridges evert few months.

I could see having one in for extended times away perhaps but really probably not that necessary.
This year my saltron mini “brain” went on the fritz so I was using liquid chlorine only when vacation rolled around. I dosed to slam level for my cya before leaving & my fc was still above minimum when I returned 6 days later. I generally don’t have any periods away for more than 7 days at a time so for me liquid chlorine is definitely sufficient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CalHypo will not add CYA.

However it will add Calcium - which will build up over time. In a pool, this is not good. In a hot tub, you can drain and refill if it gets to high.

The thing is, CalHypo dissolves VERY easily. You cannot just throw a puck in a floater. The puck will be a goopy mess in a matter of minutes and will shortly be gone. There are CalHypo feeders but they are expensive, and have to be dialed in.

I you find them let us know! You will make MILLIONS! Now saying that there is tablets that had calcium hardness instead of CYA BUT....yeah the BIG BUT they cause your CH to rise so...................rock and hard place here.

I raise my hot tub CH from around 30 ppm to 300 ppm when I fill - otherwise I get a lot of foaming. However I want it to get to 300 ppm quickly, and then stay there. Not a gradual rise as I had CalHypo over the weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.