Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm not turning on but is getting power (SR400NA)

Jul 13, 2018
Santa Clarita/CA
Hey All,

Hoping for some guidance, my Max-E-Therm will not turn on, I took it apart and besides being massively dirty the wires dont look chewed through. I flipped over the top and when the heater gets power about 5 led lights turn red simultaneously and then turn off. The display on the top does not do anything ever. The top of the display has seen better days though and the plastic sheeting buttons are nearly peeled off but its still on.

Does anyone have any thoughts before proceeding next? I'm gonna give it a good shop vac cleaning to get all the debris and dirt out of it, but then after that I'm not so sure how to tackle the power issue since I can't get any sort of error code, maybe start by replacing the top control board and display?

What happens when you press the Pool On or the Spa On button?

Do you have a remote control?

Can you show a picture of the display boot process?

Can post a picture inside the metal box with the Fenwal ignition control module?

What happens when you press the Pool On or the Spa On button?

Do you have a remote control?

Can you show a picture of the display boot process?

Can post a picture inside the metal box with the Fenwal ignition control module?

Nothing happens when pushing those buttons, at all, just nothing, like its totally dead. I do have a remote control to a Jandy RS4, I tried turning it on through there, and also disconnecting the two lead wire to the Jandy and trying to turn it on manually with no luck.

I definetly can post those two things tomorrow, ill try to grab a video if I can of the bootup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.