Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi Forum

I require some expert advice here. I have the following heater (see attached picture) and when I turn it on, I can here the gas firing away but how can I be sure it’s working since the electronic display panel only shows a partial part of the temperature and not the entire number. I can press the up and down arrows and see some of the partial digits changing.

is this an easy fix? Is it the motherboard that needs to be replaced? Sorry I’m a newbie here.

I took a picture yesterday (when I went for a visit ) when the unit was off and not when it showed the partial display. I won’t get possession of the house with the pool until beginning of July so I’m not able to take another picture to show the partial display.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• 19BC57ED-5987-4397-889E-D5BD2F321DA2.jpeg
    19BC57ED-5987-4397-889E-D5BD2F321DA2.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 6
Intelliconnect will do what you wish. Though I believe you still have to repair the heater to make it work.

Intelliconnect works through Pentair servers. You have no local control. So if their servers are down, the controls do not work.

Thanks for your reply.

The heater is still working except for the display of the temperature and I am able to heat up the pool.

I’m thinking if I set the heater to the max (by continuously pushing the up arrow on the heater) but then let the Intelliconnect control when to turn on/off the heater, do you see any issues?

I wasn’t clear when you said I would still need to repair the heater. Could you elaborate?

I wasn’t clear when you said I would still need to repair the heater. Could you elaborate?
I took it that you would not be able to get the temperature on the heater set to max. But if you can, all should be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.