Sta-rite 3 Flow Issues

cgardy

May 16, 2020
NY
I have the Sta-rite system 3 filter. My filter was 4yrs. old last year. Last year and part of the season before, I had very low flow going through my pool. So this year I bought another new cartridge system. I have the exact same problem as last year. I can see the water flowing into the "pump basket". It only fills the basket part way up. I never get that great flow where you can't see water because the flow is so fast. If I go all main drain or go all skimmer, the same result doesn't make a difference. When I move the valve so water bypasses filter and goes straight out of the pool then the flow is much better.
So I figure the issue is with the filter. Also, the gauge is broken and I've ordered a new one. It reads incorrectly and doesn't bleed air properly.

Any suggestions? On Wednesday I cleaned the filters and by Thursday same problem.

Welcome to the forum!
What you are describing normally indicates algae in your pool water. Are the cartridges getting dirty?
Post up your water chemistry results from your own test kit.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.