Spring Pool Opening Cloudiness

ballsey1

Apr 16, 2022
NM
Hi all -- new to the forum and have a few questions to run by you. We recently had a new in-ground, outdoor, gunnite pool constructed last year and had a great first season. The contractor insisted on a bromine pool during construction, which I have now learned is generally an odd choice for outdoor installations.

Fast forward to this week, we opened the pool for the spring season. The water was cloudy, but generally pretty clean. I added liquid chlorine to reactivate any bromine and let the pool circulate. I also added a few tablets to our bromine feeder.

The pump/filter has been running 24/7 for the last 3 days and I have not seen any improvement in the cloudiness. In testing the water, the bromine, pH, TA levels are all reasonable. Our calcium harness is extremely high, but I can't say I'm surprised given NM's water quality. My test details are below (using a DPD kit). So my question remains -- what could be causing this cloudiness?

Bromine: 5ppm
pH: 7.2
TA: 80ppm
Calcium: 700ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.