Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just spent an hour or so after I did my pool water test to clean out the test kit.
Threw out old tubes (vials) that were hard to read the 10ml or 25ml mark (had an extra purchased last year), threw out an old pH meter that did not work (not sure why I was hoarding it). Threw out old or nearly consumed reagents.
Cleaned the compartments as some had spills in them.
TFTKITS announced their spring sale coming soon - so made an inventory of reagents I need or just may purchase a complete refill kit as that is usually the better deal. Also will purchase new tubes as a couple of more have marks wearing off and a new CYA mixing bottle. I use a dedicated tube for each test of FC, TA, CH and Salt.
Also, need a new gauge for my filter and have plans to rebuild at least 1 of the 3-way valves when I do the DE cleaning next month.

Plan to have the family over for an Easter Sunday swim in a months' time.

My pool water was registering 61°F this morning … I guess I have to start paying attention to it again 😒 … I may just toss the whole kit and start fresh. I am contemplating doing a partial drain of the pool … maybe 10,000 gallons. Just want to get past sewer rate averaging first.

Reactions: HermanTX
Just spent an hour or so after I did my pool water test to clean out the test kit.
Threw out old tubes (vials) that were hard to read the 10ml or 25ml mark (had an extra purchased last year), threw out an old pH meter that did not work (not sure why I was hoarding it). Threw out old or nearly consumed reagents.
Cleaned the compartments as some had spills in them.
TFTKITS announced their spring sale coming soon - so made an inventory of reagents I need or just may purchase a complete refill kit as that is usually the better deal. Also will purchase new tubes as a couple of more have marks wearing off and a new CYA mixing bottle. I use a dedicated tube for each test of FC, TA, CH and Salt.
Also, need a new gauge for my filter and have plans to rebuild at least 1 of the 3-way valves when I do the DE cleaning next month.

Plan to have the family over for an Easter Sunday swim in a months' time.
I keep a couple of oral/baby syringes in my test kits. Typically when testing I pull a larger than needed sample of water for all tests in a 3 oz solo cup and draw out of that with a baby syringe the appropriate amount needed for each test. Don’t have to worry about the markings on any of the vials for the kits and syringes are about $4 or less when they ultimately go bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.