Foose

May 18, 2023
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! New to the site, just discovered it while trying to research an issue I'm having with my pool. New pool owner, our pool was finished about a year ago so i would be extremely grateful for your advice.

A few days ago I noticed this spot on the floor of my pool, so I dove down with goggles on to check it out. It's wasn't something I could brush out so I went to the local Leslie's pool store to see if they had any advice. A lady working thought it might be yellow algae and recommending me putting dry acid in a sock and dropping it on that spot. I was able to do that, however the spot did not go away and something new resulted, a dark trail running from the spot to the drain, from what I'm guessing is how the dry acid traveled to the drain in my pool. Thoughts or advice on how to clear up both?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Pool Spot.jpg
    Pool Spot.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Pool Spot 2.jpg
    Pool Spot 2.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 10
  • Dark trail.jpg
    Dark trail.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 10
Sand the area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

We recommend staying out of Leslie and never soliciting their advice.

We also don't recommend the use of dry acid...

FYI, here is what we have to say about mustard algae....

I suggest you look around here and see what we are all about...

Sand the area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

We recommend staying out of Leslie and never soliciting their advice.

We also don't recommend the use of dry acid...

FYI, here is what we have to say about mustard algae....

I suggest you look around here and see what we are all about...

Thank you for the tips!! Any thoughts on how to fix the trail the dry acid left?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.