Splash a-round pool first time filling- long walls caving in

May 17, 2017
Isanti/MN
Hi, We had an above ground pool for over 11 years. Typical metal frame style(size 18-33-52 oval). Had lots of problems with gophers tunneling under it. A year ago it finally destroyed it. A couple weeks ago we purchased a different style. A freestanding soft sided Splash-a-round pool (18-30-52 rectangle). We had a lot of problems getting it together. Mostly due to the size and shape. Now we have been filling it since Saturday (5 days) and from the beginning the long sides have bent inward. I called the company that manufactures the pool and they just said that is normal. However it looks as though it's going to snap. Anyone else have this problem with this brand of pool? I am now just above the holes and still have 10 inches or so left to fill. I'm worried we will have to drain and start over. Any insight on this brand would be appreciated. As everything I've seen online is referring to the intex brand and not this much more expensive brand of pool.pool.jpg

"Kinda disappointed in this site. Was looking for advice and no response."

You received a response the same day you posted your question, and did not provide the requested additional information. You also posted a question about structural integrity in the water chemistry section of the forum, rather than the board relating to construction, above ground pools, or maintenance.

Methinks you protest too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.