Spillway help

HmnRcn

Mar 30, 2014
Visalia, CA
My PB is looking for his final check and I’m trying to get him to fix my spillway for the 3rd time. It looks nice finally but it is very uneven.
e108ca65fa5952ba3b902a0490307053.jpg
68f25622f4495c02e4ba1badfd5896d0.jpg
035119e94231fcae3e145dd9dcb84191.jpg

Should the PB fix this? Thanks.

I would be most concerned with the water constantly getting on the stacked stone. The calcium buildup on that will mar its look very quickly.

Take care.

If YOU are not happy with it the PB should fix it until you are! I see what you are talking about.....a smooth sheet of water on one side, broken stream of water on the other.

I also worry like Marty about the build up on the stone under it.

Have you tried turning up the RPMS on your pump? The greater flow of water may help even it out.

If I run my pump to slow my spillway does not flow evenly. Turning up the pump speed fixes it.

Mam, yes I turned up my pump to 3,000 rpms and it seems to even out. I know I have that as a work-around. I just expected not to have to attempt to shoot the water out of the spa. I was hoping for a nice, soothing and relaxing flow of water. I may just be being too picky on this one but I gave this guy a ton of my hard earned cash and I expected him to build me what I wanted.

I appreciate the suggestion!

Mam, yes I turned up my pump to 3,000 rpms and it seems to even out. I know I have that as a work-around.
You got this!

At slower speed, the water will just slide over the edge and bounce. No matter how perfect the level and symmetrical the surface is. You will not notice this problem if you have a single speed, though! Fyi, I have the same issue since the day I made the switched to a VS pump. We like the waterfall but don't enjoy the noise. Hence, the limited run time schedule in Spillway mode. But to each their own!

Btw, nice pool and I really like the stone work. But glad we did not go for it when we remodelled our pool. First; hard to remove the calcium build up. Second; dwelling possibilities for bugs, critters and spiders. For some reasons our grandkids are so scared and terrified by the tiniest spider. They will never come near the pool ever again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm posting a quick and easy fix for this here, in case anyone is having the same issue and looks up this older thread.

I have a similar spillway, similar uneven flow problem. The quick fix is to rub a candle over the front edge and forward portion of the top surface of the "slow"/dribbling sections. the wax will be invisible and repels water, causing the water over the waxed area to spill over properly.

Reactions: KDFin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.