Spider valve trouble

Is the handle not wanting to depress to move the valve, or does the valve just feel stuck even with the handle depressed? You can open up the top of the multiport valve and check the spider gasket, if it is worn it will need replacing. If the handle is stuck then you may need to take it apart to repair it. Pentair has links to PDFs that show blow up diagrams of the valve assembly. Look at the Hi-Flo backwash valve installation guide. Pool and Spa Product Manuals and Specs - Support - Pentair

Zeta thanks so much. So far I’ve taken top half off. Has a good amount of shards from the coping work. Pool is only about 11/2 yo. Gasket looks ok for now maybe slightly rough where the really fine pieces have ground on it. I think I have rinsed all out top half. I don’t think I want wrestle the spring in the top half. Thanks for the help, Brad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.