SpeedStir

Welcome!

Great choice on the test kit. The Speedstir is great. You'll achieve more accurate and more consistent test results. If buying from Tftestkits, it will also take into free shipping territory. I highly recommend it, as many on the site would.

S,

The speed-stir makes the tests more fun to do and more accurate, at least for me..

Some tests can take a lot of drops and trying to swirl the test tube, while counting drops and looking for a water color change makes it a pain for me.

I did not think that I would need one, but I soon found out I was wrong.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’ve had my TF100 for 2 years now without a speed stir. I got along fine without it. Had to get really good at swirling with the left hand (Kind of hard) and adding drops with the right (easy). It’s kinda cumbersome doing it that way, as it’s not natural for my left hand to swirl to mix and my brain to make both hands work independently of each other doing two different tasks and then engaging the brain to count drops. That being said, my Speed Stir arrived in the mail today. I Can not wait to use it. So excuse me while I go out and get a water sample....

Reactions: jark87
My wife mocks me for being a chemistry nerd when she sees me testing. But even she thinks the Speedstir is cool.

When I started doing my own tests, I swirled by hand. That got old very quickly. Go ahead and hand swirl for a while. You'll get tired of it. And the practical reason for getting it is consistency of stirring and lighting. And it dissolves the FAS-DPD powder faster than hand-swirling.

For optimal testing, get as many extra vials & magnetic beans as you need for all your tests, then you won't have to rinse between tests.

I don't have a speed stir as it seemed kind of pricey. I just use my dominant hand to swirl while I add drops with my other hand. Felt weird at first but it works. Of course I wouldn't mind a speed stir. It will be helpful when SLAMing and while your learning your pool, but after a while you will test less often, and wont run the full battery as often either.

Reactions: jark87
The SpeedStir is one of those things you don't know you need until you get it, and then you wonder how you ever did without it! Definitely get the SS! :) You really won't regret it. Nor will you ever be without one again.

P.S. I have three! Two SpeedStirs and an Apollo. Don't ask!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The speed stir seemed like a silly gimmick but it was so highly rated I ordered it and would not be without one now.

does this work with the K2006c kit or do I need to buy a graduated cylinder that they sell on tftest.net? if so the graduated cylinder they sell for the taylor kit only holds 25 ml. is there a reason I cant use the TFT cylinder that holds 100 ml?

also what how do you dispose of the fluids after you have added the reagents?

Fits all industry standard testing and mixing tubes. The vials you get in the TF100 will fit this device.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.