speedstir troubles

Jetjohn6

Sep 22, 2019
Las Vegas
We received the speedstir for Christmas 2019. It sees only occasional use as we only bring it out when testing TA and CH. It worked fine (probably used ten times) until this weekend. The bar doesn't spin consistently....it will spin for a bit then tumble around. Batteries tested 1.5V. Still tried different batteries with no improvement. Any idea what our issue could be? I see the warranty coverage from Taylor is an abysmal 90 days.

@OTPirate is very good about discussing these issues. Curious, have you tried different tubes? Sometimes my mixing "bean" rubs some tubes more than others, Not a lot, it doesn't take much. But just enough to interfere with the smooth spinning we're used to seeing.

I have had the bouncing bean problem before when my batteries ran low. Sorry I am of no help since you have already checked your batteries. :(

The bean tumbles a little in my SpeedStir occasionally. Never gaveit a second thought. What difference would that make in its functionality?

Reactions: DiverGirl1972

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.