Specific tests needed or not needed for vinyl?

Auburn02

Oct 8, 2019
Mobile, AL
Pretty rookie question but couldn't find an obvious answer while searching - I plan to order the TF100 for sure, but curious about which add-ons as I know some tests are more or less critical depending on your pool's construction. In my case we're going vinyl, so are there tests I want to make sure I have vs some that I will never need?

I for sure want to pick up something for salt testing; I am making an assumption on price alone that the K-1766 is better than test strips - is that the case, or are the results just as accurate but it's twice the price because I'll get twice as many tests out of it?

Should I expect to have to add borates/Borax and thus do I need the test strips for that?

Anything else specific for vinyl/SWG pools I need to consider before I order?

The TF100 with the K1766 is all you need. Adding the Speedstir makes testing easier.

The K1766 is accurate. Salt test strips, well, you are never sure if they have been contaminated, moisture in the air has altered them, etc.

Reactions: Auburn02
Should I expect to have to add borates/Borax and thus do I need the test strips for that?

Borates (added as an additional buffer) are purely optional and usually not required. Don't worry about them for now.

A little bit of Borax might be required occasionally to increase pH, but the amounts needed for that are so small that you don't have to worry about testing for borates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.