Special tool to install Pentair vs pump?

The manual is fairly clear on how to hook up the electrical however, you should seek a professional (electrician or pool svc. tech) to help. Do you also plan to do the plumbing hookup?

B,

Just to be clear.. If you install it yourself, there is only a 60 day warranty. I don't see that as a major issue, just something to understand.

There are no special tools required, but you do need to have some basic electrical knowledge and the ability to modify the plumbing so that the new pump will fit into the same area that the old pump used.

How is your old pump connected to AC power?

Do you know if your old pump is wired for 240 VAC or 120 VAC?

Is your old pump connected to a timer or to an Automation system?

I suggest that you use Pump Unions.. They make installing the pump much easier and leak free... They look like this...

Thanks,

Jim R.

When I installed mine I just looked at how my old pump was hooked up but since my vs needed constant power I hooked it to my intermatic timer hot lines 1&3 works perfectly

B,

Just to be clear.. If you install it yourself, there is only a 60 day warranty. I don't see that as a major issue, just something to understand.

There are no special tools required, but you do need to have some basic electrical knowledge and the ability to modify the plumbing so that the new pump will fit into the same area that the old pump used.

How is your old pump connected to AC power?

Do you know if your old pump is wired for 240 VAC or 120 VAC?

Is your old pump connected to a timer or to an Automation system?

I suggest that you use Pump Unions.. They make installing the pump much easier and leak free... They look like this...

Thanks,

Jim R.
the old pump is Pentair intelliflo vs 010800. New is 011056.

B,

Everything should be identical... If your old pump has unions it would be a simple case of unscrewing the unions, installing the new pump.. My guess is that you don't have unions, but at least all the plumbing should match up.

You should be able to use the old electrical hook up..

What was wrong with the original 011018 pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

The old one is Pentair vs 011018 new one is vs 011056.
I just installed the 011056 pump. It is 3 wires on the power side (1 ground and 2 leads) and then the bond wire. I had to change out the grommet for the electrical wire that goes to the pump because it is plastic and over time it just cracks when I removed it.
I did install unions on mine so that took some time on the plumbing side to get it all aligned.
Try to have 10inches of straight run into the pump per the mfg. recommendation. The union counts as part of that length.
After that, it was just taking time to program all the different speeds and times. There are 8 program modes you can set. I used 4 for scheduled times with different speeds and then the other 4 are set for manual requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.