Walnutport, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
We installed our new IG pool this past fall. Our kids are 3 and 6. I'm thinking it will be fun to have some music playing by the pool. But we are pretty basic when it comes to technology - we don't even have Netflix :LOL: Right now, I use Pandora on our ancient iPad to play music in the house. Any suggestions for speakers that don't have to be wired that I can possibly use for this? We do have access to plug something in, but hard wiring anything is not in the plan. Wireless? Regular plug in? ?‍♀️

Sorry in advance, I know this is probably super easy stuff to figure out, but when I search online I get overwhelmed with all the features.

Last edited:
I have a Google Home in the outdoor kitchen and a Chromecast device hooked to back of my receiver.. Hey Google play music is all I have to do to get plenty of music ( Pandora, Amazon, Spotify ). You can do the same with just the Google Home if you don't have a outdoor receiver hooked up.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Normally I would have said Sonos, but after their latest move I am not as hot on them anymore. Either Google or Amazon Echo speakers. Amazon probably has more choices in different types of speakers and they are fairly inexpensive so its easy to add or replace them.

A 3rd generation echo is on sale for $75 right now. Good way to start and test out if you like the ecosystem. If you want to just try with less quality an Echo dot is $29.

I love my Sonos, despite them retiring updates on some of my vintage (15-ish year old) equipment. They have a new battery powered (and Bluetooth) speaker that I really love. It's fairly moisture-proof, but I'm not going to test that aspect out!

Everything is super easy to set up too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I have an idea. Sams club sells a speaker that is like the size of a carry on for flying. It charges so u don’t even need it plugged in. It plays pretty loud. We use it at the beach. It runs on Bluetooth and also has inputs. I love it.

I can’t stand monster audio as a company but I like this. Other companies make them also.

How’s that for simple Kim. Lol

You can just plug into it or use Bluetooth.

I thinking about something like this.

Ok I have an idea. Sams club sells a speaker that is like the size of a carry on for flying. It charges so u don’t even need it plugged in. It plays pretty loud. We use it at the beach. It runs on Bluetooth and also has inputs. I love it.

I can’t stand monster audio as a company but I like this. Other companies make them also.

How’s that for simple Kim. Lol

You can just plug into it or use Bluetooth.
We purchased the 'ION" brand they sell and the battery didn't last but 30 minutes, and didn't even sound as good as our little JBL for half the price.

Can u wire for them? It’s really not that hard if u have access. U can buy rock speakers in the cheap. Wire is cheap. Then grab a 200 dollar wonder receiver from amazon and hook an iPad up to it though the headphone jack on the iPad even. Done. Pandora. Spotify. Anything u want.
We jist got Netflix this Xmas. I don’t stream. We got it to watch stranger things. Loved it. Dropped Netflix. Done.
I’m in the home theatre business and I’m just not a fan of streaming. I’m a physical media guy still.
If u have access still make it a summer project and wire. I can help you out.

Neither of us are tech savvy. Can we do it? Probably. LOL! Does my husband want to do it to wire? Most likely not :laughblue:He is so over DIY stuff these days. It probably is way easier than I am envisioning. I'll try talking him into it one weekend when our kids head to my parents for a weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.