Bronze Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
Conroe, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am sure this is a simple fix but I am not sure how.
We turned the spa on last night and we set it at 104F. It topped out at 100F.
The digital readout on the heater was 103F and the readout on the easytouch was 100F.
I know it only a few degrees difference but it makes a difference.
Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix the problem?

Last edited:
When a heater is connected to automation (EasyTouch), the setting on the heater is at max temperature, typically 104F. The heat of the water is controlled by the ET, which you set at 100F. The ET simply uses the Fireman's Switch on the heater to turn it on and off to maintain that temperature.

I,

I am not sure what the problem is.. You set it to 100F and the spa temp was 100F

The water temp is measured by the automation sensor and has nothing to do with whatever temperature is measured by the heater..

If you want hotter water, just crank the automation up to 103F..

Your signature says you have an Easytouch, but you reference an IntelliCenter.. Which do you have??

Thanks,

Jim R.

How long have you had the spa? Is this a new issue, meaning you've used it previously and not had this problem? Just trying to get some history on the issue. How old is the equipment? Did you confirm actual water temp with a thermometer?

What it sounds like to me is deadband/hysteresis issues with the thermistors. Not sure which thermistor reading takes precedence, but if the heater display is reading 103, that makes me think that the heater was getting to temp, or at least thinking it was, and shutting down, even though the automation temperatures were not indicating so.

I would confirm actual water temps with a thermometer first. Then start looking at the individual thermistors.

--Jeff

Be sure the heat setting on the Heater is at max Temperature - 104F. You must go out to the heater to do that. Read your heater manual for instructions.

I,

I understand now.. you have a set point of 104, but the water temp never gets to 104F..

I'd first make sure what the actual water temp in the spa is, based on a thermometer of some type..

The I'd recalibrate the temp probe in the config set up in ScreenLogic..

Set up page 1.JPG

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys, the equipment is 1 year old this month and I have not noticed this issue before.
I did put a digital thermometer in the spa and it was reading 101F.
I will try Jim’s suggestion of recalibration and see how it goes.

Ditto what Jim said. I've found the 10K thermisters for pools vary greatly in quality. Some last only a year or two and others last 5 years plus. When they fail they start to slowly report slightly higher temp than actual. Then the temp reported goes dramatically higher then they fail completely. The failure process usually takes a couple of weeks to 2 months or so. I've found that initial calibration the way Jim described works well and isn't usually required more than one more time over the thermister life.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Iam1964
Ok, so there was about a +3 degree difference in the measured temp and the easytouch temp. Measured was 58F and ET temp was 55F. I have adjusted in the config and I will try the spa this evening and see how it goes.
Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.