Spa water temperature when not in use in colder climate

Ses76

Jul 13, 2017
MA
Hello there,
I'm in New England and we have opened just our spa and will open the pool in mid May. I'm trying to figure out keeping the spa water clean and I've added everything into pool math app. I just am wondering if I'm supposed to keep the spa water "hot" - to do this I'd need to keep the pump running 24/7 so I'm very confused. I believe I just read something about using MPS only when water temperature was above a certain temp? Does anyone have insight? Also can I add bleach and MPS at the same time? We used the spa over the weekend and today it's cloudy so I don't think I added enough bleach over the weekend - I didn't add any MPS. I'd love any thoughts! So new still after three years with this (only opened the spa separately this year). Thank you!!!

It's integrated but has it's own filter and pump... So it's integrated in the sense that the spa water can spill over. Right now it's acting as stand alone. When the pool is open I just balance the pool and mix pool and spa water for a period of time each day basically. Hope this makes sense! I'm still so new at all this though.... It's tricky!

So I don't need to worry about the temperature of the water with these chemicals? I'm not sure I'd ever use MPS for the pool? or might I do that too?? It's marketed for spa so I'm not sure

There is no need to use MPS - non chlorine shock. It will mess up your testing for FC/CC.

Treat the spa like a pool. Temperature does not matter. Do you cover it when not in use?

Your signature shows a SWCG. Use it for the spa. Just turn down the generation % and run time to create the chlorine needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.